Dead openbox x3 :(

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,119 times. The last Post () by moxx.

• Hi;
    I am very disappointed with my item Openbox X3. It has been just a few months I am using this.
    My device went in constant loop mode after I put some new newcamd lines via update tool.

Before this time, when it went in rebooting mode, I tried several firmwares from the yoja website and I un-bricked the device by loading firmwares using RS232 cable. When it went in bootloop mode, I had the latest firmware (11,02,2012) on the device.

However, this time it is different; I cannot do that.
    I can connect it to computer, I can flash the device without interruption, everything goes OK, but after flashing, constant loop goes on; nothing changes.
    I tried almost all of the firmwares, I tried even sk/ybox firmwares for S3-M3-S4-M4-S11 etc. etc. I dont have a problem with connecting and flashing the device..

I tried x3 upgrade tool, and I also used 8MFlash tool with no luck. I used almost all firmware and loader combinations. Bootloop goes on. I removed LND, HDMI, ethernet, wifi when I am doing that. Then I tried flashing with them on, but no..

I also wrote to the guys in Yoja, however got no answer from them.

I thought about a heat problem, but bootloop goes on in cold environment, as well.

I am thinking to open the box and then look for a reset chip in it.

Can you help me?

• 1º Download : eprom update 8m flash (see attachments)
    2º Download : firmware 120820 (see attachments )

Plugged the box in and attached the null modem cable,
    opened up the erom upgrade folder and run CONFIG.BAT (This step is very important)
    then ran EROMUPGRADE

Selected the firmware
    Ticked Include Bootloader
    Clicked next
    when it says-
    synchonizing stb
    Reset target

Unplug and replug the power cable out of the back of the box quite fast it will then let you carry on
    and recover the box.

Once recovered you can update to a later firware via usb or the X3 Lan tool.

Good luck !!!

• unfortunately this did not change anything..

I also tried different versions of what you instructed with different firmwares, but no..

I could not see the 'NO CH' sign. Bootloop goes on..

Do I have to do a soldering job? any recommendations?

• it sounds like its maybe a power problem this time mabe cheqc the suplys are right out of the power suply onl problem iv had with these is the stuck in roling boot but only with two boxs when had updated chanle list and re flashed and back on with no problems

boxs im good with= all ***box,s all openbox,s amiko alien 2 & SHD-8900

• when saying power problem, what do you mean?

I use 220v in my country, and used X3 flawlessly for a couple of months.

What do you suggest me to do? It is dead and I am hopeless..

• are you eney good at electronics do you have a multy meter mate im in west yorksher i will open one soon and have a look in one

• hi mate just been reding your 1st post agen so your box is still stuck in loop not dead is it.

i have atched the flash toll and the firmwhere i used and the boxs worked 1st time when you have loded the back up firmwhere dont for get to cllick on include bootloder uther wise it whont flash it right then you click next then power up the box and it shud start loding when thats dun you click next then the line gose acrose agen then you click finsh and re boot the box and all shud be sorted the just up date by usb if you need the new firmwhere i have that two if you whont it just let me know i am using it so works fine

• your lınks is dead??

hi mate just had a look the links are fine mate you need to do whot it says (You can't view or download attachments from this post before you thank it. Then you must refresh page by pressing F5)

your name is not at the bottom that says thanks mate so if you do that you will get the files eney probs just let me know

• did it lode on to the box mate but sill loped have you tried to power up with nothing connected this one as all ways worked for me the firmwhere is a back up form a new box when I got it so its an old orignle firmwhere it cud be a hardware issue you cud tri with uther firmwhere with the loder I sent you and see if you get eney look then mate

• Anyone, Please help me some sample create config.bat for Openbox S10 completely dead........
    I'd used USB - RS232C adaptor not sucess may be someone was wrong.
    My openbox s10 cant boot!........ only show the ON on the display.

But I'd be used USB - RS232C adaptor PL -2303HXA it was set
    it on COM8, it's not set up at COM1 and EROM Upgrader not work, only show that "Synchronizing STBs... Please reset target!".
    Please someone help me. I cann't to do anything.........

• Hello all,
    please, my openbox x3 is blocked on NoCh, when I press the menu , nothing happen, only power button working
    So need your full help.

Thank you

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!