Blackhole 1.7.7 Experimental Tuner Issues

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 695 times. The last Post () by digi247.

• Hi Guys i recently bought a Uno which had 1.7.7 Experimental preinstalled for me by supplier

Now on setting up im having major problems, after a scan on 28.2E channels
    appear in list, but selecting any FTA or Encrypted ones i cant view them, my friend suggested it may
    be a tuner problem in that image ??

His next suggestion was to make my Uno a slave box using loop thru
    from my redundant Spider, then if i put Spider in sleep mode, and switch
    back to my Uno, i can then see any channels including FTA, and Encrypted !!

I have downloaded the latest BH 1.7.8 Light Image, but it will not flash into Uno
    using a formatted usb pen in Fat32, inserting into front usb port, while box is
    switched off, then on and holding CH- on box front panel, box says starting
    dosent look at pen, and proceeds to boot as normal, i dont get on screen prompt
    to start flash update procedure ???

• howya make sure when your setting up tuner config you dont have it set for discqc or channels wont show im presuming you have a stationary dish. if so set it to simple /single /discqc-no then do auto scan should work. if ya have it set for discqc it will load the channels but it wont let ya view them . post your set up would be a help .hope ya get it sorted cheers

• Hi by a wiki i had set tuner to advanced and make sure from wiki all neccessary boxes were ticked if need be
    my setup is motorised dish, parked on 28.2e, which works fine for my Spider very good signal strength and quality
    using satinder in Uno on predetermined freq also gives good strength and quality, scanning goes no bother

but viewing channels is another matter, unless what i do previously stated, then good success !!

• well then huey just set it up as a stationary dish at 28.2 e then should be ok .go to setup on the vu then service searching then tuner config then config mode - simple then mode -single then didiseqc -no .ok then do auto search of channels all should be ok . in advanced mode set it to 28.2e then select your lnb whatever ya have set up on your dish best wishes huey

• Hi suites the problem with tuner is resolved now, I downloaded the latest BH 1.7.8 image and reflashed
    my box using all the previous setup I had for tuner and service searching etc etc, did a fresh scan
    and hey ho everything is fine, my conclusion it was the BH 1.7.7 experimental image !!!
    but thanks for your feedback and suggestions

• it's also handy while you have the Blackhole Image on there to do the FPGA upgrade for the tuner as it may not have been done if it has it wont cause any problems doing it again. To do this press green button to access the plugin menu and look for the FPGA upgrade plugin and press OK, This installs firmware specific for the Tuner and has made it slightly more sensitive.

Also why not load one of the many available pre-configured channel lists either from the Blackhole image feeds or download manually and upload via Dreambox edit saves time scanning every satellite

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!