Download Limit

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,369 times. The last Post () by warhead1999.

• I so some people getting info from Other Forums and post here .....and is not right having this limitation....for attachmants and pressing thnx ...a good Forum is free.

• It costs a fair bit to host the site including downloads and attachments many many members including myself donated to keep this fantastic site running,we have certain benefits by doing this including the vip section and higher download limits

If you can not afford to donate you are still very welcome on the site but you have to expect some limitations I would imagine that there are probably many more free members than vip members,the site has to work within its means and what funds it has cover hosting etc,sadly this is the way it has to be to maintain a certain level for everyone

• I so some people getting info from Other Forums and post here .....and is not right having this limitation....for attachmants and pressing thnx ...a good Forum is free.

A good forum is free, and this forum is free if you don't want to donate, but it costs money to host, to have space, and for the bandwidth, so if there were no limitations then a lot of people would be downloading a lot more, therefore increased bandwidth, and increased costs. Who is going to pay for these costs?

The way it is working is if you want to have the privilege of increased downloads and increased PMs etc, then it is right that you should donate towards the costs of running the forum. So you say a good forum is free, but the costs for hosting have to come from somewhere in order for the forum to exist at all.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Official Post

I so some people getting info from Other Forums and post here .....and is not right having this limitation....for attachmants and pressing thnx ...a good Forum is free.

There are good reasons we have these restrictions in place, we see complete sections of this forum cloned to other boards but it gets worse mate some have even cloned our firewall page. Im sure your payserver promoting fellow admins at W.S will be able to fill you in on this or maybe you should just read this. (post 27)

Cannot Think For Themself

• Its getting more common for sites to put a limit on attachment downloads ... personally i don't see why the average person would need more than 10 in a day

Forum admins want to encourage members to return and (hopefully) take a active part in the board ... this is one such way to do so.

I know how soul destroying it can be for someone who does that 1st original post ... to then find it floating around all over the www without so much as a footnote of credit given ... as i have seen many of my own little gems from days gone by doing the rounds ... thats the way of forums though good posts travel.

done it again ... what was the point to this post ...

oh yea ... 10 attachment downloads should be enough for anyone in a day ... unless they need to fill up space somewhere else.

Awaiting permissions to add something special here :)

• A good forum is free, and this forum is free if you don't want to donate, but it costs money to host, to have space, and for the bandwidth, so if there were no limitations then a lot of people would be downloading a lot more, therefore increased bandwidth, and increased costs. Who is going to pay for these costs?

The way it is working is if you want to have the privilege of increased downloads and increased PMs etc, then it is right that you should donate towards the costs of running the forum. So you say a good forum is free, but the costs for hosting have to come from somewhere in order for the forum to exist at all.

That just reminds me to make another donation which I've just done.

• hi i am all so trying download today, and i have not downloaded anything today but still getting same message, have had this issue over the last week when i have only download one or two items?

Admin will check for you bud, see what the problem is...

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!