anyone know how to make a complete backup of my image Black Pole v.1.0

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,212 times. The last Post () by dbstaff.

• i wish to make it easy for my self when i need to help a friend or other people with setting up a VU+ box. Therefore i would like to take a backup of my own Vu+ box with bouqets, Cccam.cfg file and Cccam plugin itself. But i dont know how to do this right. I have Black Pole image v.1.0 with TSpanel on it to. Can anyone help? Thank you very much in advance!!!

• hi mate..have installed the suite and it looks ok easy...but when i try to do as i should (make RFT-file called "backupstick" on usb, put usb in back of VU+ and start the process) this error message comes up :( ..and it comes up wether i choose "1:1 backup to usb" or "1:1 backup to hdd" do you have any idea?? regards...c6994ea8a503727d70c.jpg

• Official Post

hi mate..have installed the suite and it looks ok easy...but when i try to do as i should (make RFT-file called "backupstick" on usb, put usb in back of VU+ and start the process) this error message comes up :( ..and it comes up wether i choose "1:1 backup to usb" or "1:1 backup to hdd" do you have any idea?? regards...c6994ea8a503727d70c.jpg

The version you are using was made for openpli so installs 2 files in the wrong location but its easy to get around.
    Install the ipk as normal, the only problem is that on open pli it installs the files named mkfs.ubifs & ubinize to /usr/bin but when runs on blackpole it looks for the files in /usr/sbin.So copy from /usr/bin to your desktop 2 files named mkfs.ubifs & ubinize then copy both to your boxes directory /usr/sbin
    Once there give both files 755 permissions.

After this you will be able to create your backup mate.

• Thanks alot T.B..the process is now running and i think it will be succesfull :) so if this suite is the best of its kind, i'll definitely note this little trick and use it in the future. Is it the same with Black Hole images?? -Thanks again mate..

The version you are using was made for openpli so installs 2 files in the wrong location but its easy to get around.
    Install the ipk as normal, the only problem is that on open pli it installs the files named mkfs.ubifs & ubinize to /usr/bin but when runs on blackpole it looks for the files in /usr/sbin.So copy from /usr/bin to your desktop 2 files named mkfs.ubifs & ubinize then copy both to your boxes directory /usr/sbin
    Once there give both files 755 permissions.

After this you will be able to create your backup mate.

• Hmm..today i would just try out the great Backupsuite on my Solo clone box, the suite would not install like on my Genuine Duo box?? My Solo runs Black Pole 0.1.3. I did grab a picture of the error-message that came out when trying to install the suite...does somebody knows what happens here?? -Thak you in advance!!048e00460ae.jpg

• thanks for your attention..i see the logic in what you say (stupid me) but when i try to install the package you linked to me..i get this message: -and i personally dont know what that means mate..sorry :(98feb1.jpg

• BH has its own backup full image maker either to USB or HDD whic h takes about 5- 7 mins... do not touch/turn/play with anything during this process.
    It will eventually tell you that it has indeed made 2 backups ( mine always in usb) vuplus folder or another folder with date stamp on it.. both are identical except for name.
    As you know , when its time to install an image through usb ,
    it should be a folder named( in your case a duo) vuplus containing another folder named DUO which contains the neccessary files.

• Thanks for this extra info :)

BH has its own backup full image maker either to USB or HDD whic h takes about 5- 7 mins... do not touch/turn/play with anything during this process.
    It will eventually tell you that it has indeed made 2 backups ( mine always in usb) vuplus folder or another folder with date stamp on it.. both are identical except for name.
    As you know , when its time to install an image through usb ,
    it should be a folder named( in your case a duo) vuplus containing another folder named DUO which contains the neccessary files.

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!