vu+ solo blue LED... what version?

There are 28 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,792 times. The last Post () by warhead1999.

• Hi I got a VU+ Solo Clone today with blue led, no sticker of any sort. But BH 1.78 came preloaded onto the box, when I tried to flash to VIX 2.4 it stopped working. So need to know what is the latest fw I can use on this box and also how to reflash the box.

The method I used to flash VIX onto the box was to put it in usb stick under vuplus folder and then solo folder. Then pluged it into the box and restarted..

• Seems like a V3 one mate!

and if BH 1.7.8 came on it the it defo is!

When you say stopped working? what exactly? stuck on 'starting'? would boot up?

Perhaps try a different Version of Vix...but if your sure it came with BH 1.7.8 then all new images should be fine on it??

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Hi mrgmx!! Thanks for a quick reply...

I flashed it with 2.4 204, via usb. And now it just comes up with a blue led, no connection with tv or no picture whatso ever...

How would I go about to reflash this, same method but with different image? Can I try the latest VIX images? Thanks

• yeah bud same method just try a different image (version)

Normally i would just hang it starting mode....as you haven't got this it could be a dodgy image! happens now and again lol!

Try a different one and come back if any problems!

lssdalogo.png

• yeah bud same method just try a different image (version)

Normally i would just hang it starting mode....as you haven't got this it could be a dodgy image! happens now and again lol!

Try a different one and come back if any problems!

Tried a few images, same problem... Tried the VIX 3.0.204 image and same result. Put it on a usb and plug it in the back. Press reset and wait.. do see some action as the light changes to red/purple so i assume it is being loaded over. But then blue light just keeps flashing and nothing happens on the tv... If I press a button on remote the vu+ blinks.. so it is still alive.. but no go...

Any ideas or any image I can specifically try?

Additional info is that I did put the kernel cfe, reboot.update and root cfe in the solo folder, which was put in a vuplus folder on a fresh formatted usb stick..

Any tips or help is greatly appreciated. I can confirm box had BH 1.78 on it before I started off with this...

• Have you formatted Usb Stick Fat32?

You should get a message on LCD screen say Flashing Image or something of that description!

It will then tell you to Unplug and Reboot should it flash successfully????

Not to sure about the Solos buddy but any backups from Staff/Members should/would of been tested so should run fine?

lssdalogo.png

• Tried updatng with the VIX 2.4, same story. Put it in the front USB port this time, box just blinks blue now after being solid red for a part. USB is flashed DOS FAT format, its the only format I can get flashed via mac. But I do not think that would be the problem. Just keeps blinking blue led and nothing else on the vu+ box. No other sign on TV or anything else.

When I press reset button, box reboots and if I take out the USB, solid blue led on without any signal on TV. It is only connected via HDMI, do I need something else?

• if it has a blue L.E.D then as far as i know its not a ferrari clone so V1, V2, V3 have no bearing on it.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• if it has a blue L.E.D then as far as i know its not a ferrari clone so V1, V2, V3 have no bearing on it.

Does this mean that it is a bad box or is the box problemfree when updating to any image? Thanks

I am going to try putting BH 1.78 back on it now...

So I do not need to add the bootloader first?

• I only wanted VIX because of the EPG... if there is just as good EPG on the BH 1.78 then I will just keep that..

no it does not necessarily mean its a bad box, contrary to belief these so called clones of clones tend to be better quality than the ferrari versions and can run the newer images without the so called security update. If its running BH 1.7.8 there should be nothing to stop it running the latest ViX 3.0 builds, so try one of those instead of 2.4.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• no it does not necessarily mean its a bad box, contrary to belief these so called clones of clones tend to be better quality than the ferrari versions and can run the newer images without the so called security update. If its running BH 1.7.8 there should be nothing to stop it running the latest ViX 3.0 builds, so try one of those instead of 2.4.

Tried latest VIX build same thing, the box does get flashed apparently as it blinks blue to say its done flashing. But when I restart there is no throughput on the HDMI (as in the TV says no signal). Tried 3.0.204 build. Will try to look around for another one. Can someone explain to me what those 3 files do? There is one big file, one about 3 megs and one very small file. Can these be interchanged? As I see the files for the BH 1.78 had other names than the files for VIX or maybe that is just how it is suppose to be.

Thanks for all help.

• those boxes dont work with vix 3.0 (i had same problem) , i flashed with 2.3 vix in end , the cfe2.0 update is required and it ran the original 2.4 image but box ran very slow and needed a swap file to improve response, unless its a ferrari V3 box stick with the older kernel , you wont see much difference!

• I give up, putting on BH 1.7.9 and sticking with that.... If anyone does know a fix to this problem please let me know. Otherwise im BH user for now on and out...

Thanks for the help guys. Cheers.

• those boxes dont work with vix 3.0 (i had same problem) , i flashed with 2.3 vix in end , the cfe2.0 update is required and it ran the original 2.4 image but box ran very slow and needed a swap file to improve response, unless its a ferrari V3 box stick with the older kernel , you wont see much difference!

How do I go about to only do a cfe2.0 update first? I tried downloading the zip file with the cfe2.0 but it wont unpack on my mac. Also you are saying 2.3 vix is the only image that will work on these boxes? My box is working fine with BH 1.7.9

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!