Vu+ duo recording problem

There are 57 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 9,366 times. The last Post () by bunny.

• Hi, I hope someone can help me, I have a vu+ duo with black hole,
    If I start recording any channel I can only watch free sat channels, will not let me watch *** channels.
    I have tuner A set to
    Simple
    Single
    28.2e
    No

Tuner B the same,

I have tried making tuner B the main single feed, with tuner A equal to tuner B.

A the main single feed with B equal to A, still the same issue!

Any help will be much appreciated.

• What happens when you try to record a free channel? Can you record a sub channel?

when you have a program recording does your channel list blank out a lot of channels, allowing you to view only a few?

when you press ok on your remote does it have tuner A and tuner B showing on the infobar when you try to watch another channel?

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• If I record a free channel it allows me to view or record another free channel but can't view or record a *** channel, if I record a *** channel I can only view or record a free channel.

• I am not so sure that both your tuners are working properly, and the free verses paid channels can just be an assumption with this problem, more so the issue might be that you are only able to watch channels that share the same transponder as the one you are recording. There should not be any relationship between paid and free channels in the way you are describing - if you are using a scum bag payserver they can use loadbalancing to limit your requests and give you fake ecm's but this would probably affect the channels you are recording as well.

Try checking the connections at the back - I take it you have two separate independent feeds from your dish, one plugged in to tuner a and the other in tuner b?

• Yes I have 2 single feeds going into the back of the box, if I'm looking at the box from the back I removed the feed from the left tuner, I lost all channels, I then took the feed from the right tuner and put it in the left and got channels back, therefor I would say both feeds seem to work, I have now left a feed in the right tuner only, no channels, restarted box with feed going to right tuner and it just got stuck on the starting GUI screen, should my test be as simple as that and therefor the right tuner is inop or would I have to mess about with settings to have the right tuner work on its own.

• looks to me there is a problem with you getting channels on one of the tuners. You are setting it up the right way from what i see - try doing tuner a simple single 28.2e no and tuner b simple single 28.2e and no - reboot the receiver and then try again.

• Settings changed, reboot done, started recording on itv, changed channels 1-5 all working, got to ***1 blank screen, stopped recording on itv screen still blank on pay channels, have to reboot to get them back on, should I just purchase a new tuner, if so where do I get one, thank you :)

• i know what you mean but it has no relation to pay or free channels - it is to do with the fact that with one tuner you can only watch another channel that shares the same transponder as the one you are recording on.

It could well be a loose connection inside your receiver - if it is under warranty then take it back, if not then open it up to see if there is a bad connection on the tuner in question - often this can be sorted out yourself. Before you do this you might want to reflash with a different image.

• It's still under Warranty, I think it would be easier for me to open and check for a hardware problem, reflashing would lead to a whole new set of questions lol, iv never done that before,

• I wouldn't worry about opening it even if it is still under warranty so long as you would have some idea - reasoning is that it houses a hard drive so it is expected that they would be opened.

Reflashing an image is as easy as putting in a USB stick but you would then need to configure and download stuff to get all your channels working again.

• I'm running black hole just now, would I just reflashing with black hole or can you give me a Dl link for another image, I'm all very new to this so I'm not that attached to any image lol

• Yeh after opening the box I realised its not as simple as replacing a tuner lol what image would you recommend and could you give me a link to download the image, I don't have u USB but I have an external hdd would I just put the image in a root folder? Thanks

• Vix is a good image - there are some backup images of allsorts out there that will enable you to just plug in a sly sub card and it is ready to go.

http://linuxsat-support.com/vu…-duo-backup-musogeek.html

above is a backup image that I did a couple of months ago - just run a vix update after flashing, and you will get the new autobouquets feature.

you do need a usb stick to flash the image, you need to make sure it is formatted in windows fat or fat32, and the image needs to be unpacked and the vuplus folder is the root folder. You use the front USB port to flash the image.

• Reminder of the rules - pay particular attention to the bit highlighted in red,

Upon registration you agreed to these Rules, it is your responsibility to be aware and to follow them.

Rules:

<1> An Introduction post is required before you start using the forum, requests for support without an Introduction post will be ignored.

<2> DO NOT post thank you replies in threads. This simply litters the forum with useless posts. They will be deleted. We have a button to click if you wish to thank someone for information posted.

<3> DO NOT register more than one user account. Any member found to have more than one user account on this forum will have ALL of their accounts permanently banned.

<4> DO NOT post links to other forums or boards or attempt to redirect members to any other Satellite related site.

<5> Linuxsat-Support Chatbox is for Smalltalk/General chat only, for technical support post your questions in the appropriate section.

<6> No links are to be posted to other commercial satellite retailers other than our site sponsors.

<7> No arguing with mods, if you have a dispute contact master G or Ten Below.

<8> Any usernames or avatars that could be offensive to other members will be deleted without prior notification.

<9> DO NOT post your email address, IP address, DNS address or any private data on the open forum, this is for your own safety.

<10> NO Posting of Softcams or blank card files for watching Pay-TV.

<11> Some information contained in this forum may damage your equipment or your viewing card, DOWNLOAD AND USE AT YOUR OWN RISK !!! , we cannot be held responsible for your damaged equipment.

<12> Anyone found to be running a Pay Server will be permanently banned.

<13> If you are the supporter of a Pay Server DO NOT ask for support, your request will be ignored.

<14> Card sharing over the Internet is forbidden, do so at your own risk !!!

• ok got usb, formatted to fat32, put on files vuplus/duo/then files, put that in the front slot of the stb done a reboot but nothing at all, still loading up blackhole image, im a doing something wrong?

• Official Post

Download the image of choice, it will come packed in an RAR format, use WINRAR to extract this.

Right click on the file and "extract here", you will see a vuplus folder, copy this folder to a FAT32 formatted usb stick..

done a reboot but nothing at all

A reboot is not enough, you need to power off the duo from the switch at the back, place the usb stick in the front panel ( make sure no other usb devices are connected to the back ) then switch on the duo again, you will see an indication of the flash procedure on the front LED panel..

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!