Vu+ duo recording problem

There are 57 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 9,440 times. The last Post () by bunny.

• thanks for the info, i have now tried 2 usb sticks with no luck, is there any other way of flashing a new image or maybe any other info on my initial problem of not being able to watch *** channels when recording anything, i fear i will have endless questions if i flash a new image and some of which i dont think i could discuss in forums.

• considering it is possibly a tuner problem and is under warranty you could contact your supplier. Was it a reputable supplier and are you certain it isn't a clone? If your supplier also provided you with the 'subscription' then i doubt they would honour the warranty, and probably is a clone:sheep:

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• It was originally purchased from world of satalite in November, I then purchased it from someone last week, pretty much all set up other than a " sub" I think I will contact them tomorrow, have you heard of them?

• yep if it did come from WOS it 100 percent will be an original, and should be under guarantee - have a word with the person who resold it on to you first. Does this person buy and sell with 'gift'? If so maybe he could just swap it and save you the bother. I am interested to know who the person you sourced this receiver from is....

• No I seem it on eBay and he lives near my work so I purchased it from him as he said he wanted tv in each room of his house and found *** was an easier option, he seemed genuine enough and pretty computer savy so I'm sure he done everything to the box that needed done and also gave me the email address of the person he got a "sub" from, I'm beginning to think he probably knew one tuner is not working :(

• I emailed WOS, I have to contact the shop but this is the reply I got from the forum admin " To let you know, doubtful the Duo is faulty, the Duo's never have faulty
    tuners, will be a feeds or setting issue.

• I Dl another 2 images lol, I'm gonna buy another USB tomorrow lol, do u think a new image could do the trick? I'm so close to having the perfect box lol I'm currently back to ***+ until I get this sorted or the box is going back on eBay and my bank account is £80 per month lighter :(

• I would defo try another image first bud before you do anything else,i use a sandisk cruzer blade to flash my boxes with,never fails!

beer10

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• hi, thanks for all the help, i bought a sandisk usb today and flashed the new image onto my box, i set up the tuners to simple,single, 28.2e, no, done a channel search i picked up all channels, before i flashed the new image i was receiving all channels, i have conected my box to dreambox control center but still not receiving all the channels i was before, does anyone no what my next step is?

• Have you tried installing one of the ready made channel list,available here: http://linuxsat-support.com/e2…eye-e2-settings-file.html

This is the catseye channel list,others are available though if you would prefer something different,another thing to check,in the tuner config there should be a option for "Send Diseqc" set this to "yes" I have known this to be a problem before.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Ah ok,you mean your not clearing all the channels that you were???

If that is the case then yes it could be to do with your emulator or the N line that you have installed.

fI7WHhv.png

• If you flashed a new image all your cam settings would have been erased!

you need to re-install your cams Mgcamd or Ccam and then put you Cline back onto box!

i hope you made a copy of you cline?

did you make a backup of your original image? If so put that onto USB and reflash!

it should reinstall your original image and settings alike

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• i didnt make any backups sorry, im totally new to all of this, i still have a copy of my cline in my email. how to i install newcamd or mgcamd,and where abouts in dcc do i input the line? thanks

• Ok bud,have a look here: Forum Gateway - Powered by DnP Firewall

Depending on what image you have reflashed you will be able to find a cam in there for it.

Your cline goes in root/etc

Have you considered using TS Panel??? makes things a lot easier for installing cams etc,you can find it here:

http://linuxsat-support.com/en…ddons-server-updates.html

fI7WHhv.png

• im sorry to be asking such stupid questions, iv looked thru the link you sent me for cams but nothing looks obvious to me there, i have tspanel on my box as the image i flashed it with was musogeek backup image of vix, i also have looked thru my folders in dcc and dont see one called root

• which image did you install in the end? on plugins menu go to tspanel - select addons - linuxsat-support addons - scroll down to channel lists and instatt sgtflipflop 28.2e. If it is the VIX image - rather than doing this, go to setup - software update - update the image, then once that is done you will be able to use the new autobouqets facility.

Again on TSpanel you might need an update scroll down to updates to update to the latest TSpanel. In TSpanel, Cams can be found in Addons - linuxsat support addons - {cams -your image} then you can install mgcamd or CCcam (choose 2.1.3 or above)

Just to add re you setting up your nline - again referring to rules I think we need to draw a line on the help you have already received here on getting your cam and nline working - but bear in mind that there is info on the forum about how to do this in line with peer to peer card sharing, you just need to do a bit more reading.

• i went with your backup of the vix image, i just followed your instuctions, installed the mgcamd from tspanel, i then managed to find the correct place on the ftp to enter my line, i then started to get pay channels, i then followed the instructions to install sgtflipflop as thats what i had on BH, now i have zero channels at all, and no epg.... what have i done now! just when i thought it was starting to work again :(

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!