is my share taking the p!55? or is it something else

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 647 times. The last Post () by dbxxx.

• hey guys, i have linux server, unbuntu oscam and CCcam

i just had a quick nosey on my CCcam webif and saw something very odd.

i had 13 peers connected (including my own so i could use as a reference)

my active clients have took on average 9000 ecm.s in 20 hours, but 1 client, a work friend has took 29000+

he is now taking 1 every 5-10 seconds (same as mine) so how on earth has his ecms gotten so high?

has anyone any thoughts on this? i have given him no reshare (0 0 1) my CCcam is 2.2.1, webif says his is 2.1.4

i would cut him, but i am not cynical. and dont wanna jump the gun

thanks guys

• Is he leaving is stb on sub channel all the time rather than switching to a fta when not viewing?

yes, he is leaving on a sub channel, but mine is left on a sub channel also. both connected for 20 hours

my ecm = 9000

his = 29000+

thats when i got concerned as i could compare to my own box :-/

• What is an ECM request costing you exactly? Zilch! If it continually stays at 29000 it might just be his receiver or cccam version...If it ncreases, he may be resharing. Why don't you search the forum for CacheEx, a really good tutorial on how to set it up, will bring your ECM requests down drastically...sounds like you could take advantage of the CacheEx set up.

• What is an ECM request costing you exactly? Zilch! If it continually stays at 29000 it might just be his receiver or cccam version...If it ncreases, he may be resharing. Why don't you search the forum for CacheEx, a really good tutorial on how to set it up, will bring your ECM requests down drastically...sounds like you could take advantage of the CacheEx set up.

thanks, i will look into setting up cacheEx

• One thing you have to also think about is what there share is worth to you and if you want to continue to share with them i have said in the past i personally have a soft limit of 21000 ecm`s a day if any peers goes over this i contact them,you also have to consider if this peer is having an adverse effect on other peers ie causing high ecm times for everyone else.

This is just a hobby for the majority of us and its all about give and take but if you feel someone is taking the piss contact them if it continues tell them you know longer want to share with them and remove them from your server and move on.

• 29000+ ecm in 20 hours without reshare...... there is no doubt this guy is taking the p*ss, i have the same card & nobody ever gets close to that without reshare. I would also think twice about using cache-ex as i have heard some real horror stories from people sharing with cache-ex users, i would even say its highly possible this is what your peer is using. I think you would do well to take Andy Ray's advice buddy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!