what hardware do i need to share with friends (complete newbie) step by step guide

There are 25 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,169 times. The last Post () by master G.

• a good box like VU+ can handle 30 peers - then it will struggle ! to share with more you can use a pc server ! The question would then be what are your intentions ? Sharing is so we can watch all packages from across europe _ Not provide cheap knock down subscription tv. If you want to get every package across europe 30 peers should be sufficient ?

Have Fun :rikjaard2:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• hi guys
    i want to setup ---sharing with friends and family, got pc with xp, can anyone guide me wat equipment do i need, step by step if possible.

• hi guys
    i want to setup ---sharing with friends and family, got pc with xp, can anyone guide me wat equipment do i need, step by step if possible.

start reading the thread you just posted on, and follow the links, read the right sections and once you have read up on the basics, use the search bar at the top right, and this will direct you to the specifics you are after, and if you get stuck, start a thread with your questions. The forum is full of guides, tutorials and information, Take your time.

Oh, and by the way - please follow the rules you agreed to, and post an intro...
    Introductions

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Hi masterg
    I have just bought a ***box F5 can this be used on a pc/Linux server or do I need a Vu+ or similar?
    Before I get that can anybody recommend a sub card (not ***) that I could use for sharing?

• Official Post

Hi masterg
    I have just bought a ***box F5 can this be used on a pc/Linux server or do I need a Vu+ or similar?
    Before I get that can anybody recommend a sub card (not ***) that I could use for sharing?

I don`t have any experience with this receiver, but as far as i`m aware it can only be used as a client, so you would need to build a linux pc server or use a receiver like the Vu+..

We would need to know your budget to recommend a sub card, take a look at this section to get an idea of what can be shared here --> Ready Made Config Files For Your Card..

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!