F0rtis HS-78181.00 which tutorial to follow for my box?

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,423 times. The last Post () by pintsize1.

• Hi there as mentioned above I got one of the F0rtis brand specially for Russian market under the name slyway, this was a good deal. Due to its for certain market I cannot find any proper English guide for it however I managed to do few little bit using google translate installed OScam and few app/plugins (ie. freetv etc). Because they do not have any English live forum where I can raise my issues and get help this makes my life difficult. I am not sure how CS works cos it still shows '5crambled 5ervice' for many channels. If someone can point me into the right direction as in which tutorial to follow. I know that F0rtis manufacture many other units with different names or similar FW but dont know which one exactly to follow. Please note I got Sly fixed dish which I am using as FTA at the moment.

FORTISCLUB
    Details of Box:
    System Information
    Model: Classic III
    Frequency Area: Europe
    Loader Version: L7.36
    H/W Version: HS 7818 1.00
    Application Version: HS v2.11.16
    API Version: API Nov 5 2012
    Data Version: FDU v1.4

Also if there is compatible Enigma2 for the above box I will try this too, please direct me to the right guide it will be very help.

Many thanks

• Sorry bud i did have a browse when you 1st posted!

To me it seems like any normal Enigma2 box? The sites reference all the same plugins that most other boxes do also?

I just kept quiet thinking someone may have one and know more!

Can you access the box using DCC? Can you tell us what format the files are in? .py or .po files? Any references to Enigma2 in folder? do you have a usr, var locations e.t.c in route of box? that may help?

Failling that you should be able to use the installed image and add plugins to it? have you tried installing a Enigma2 plugin from here?

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Thanks for your valuable reply every little thing is help. At least this is a start and this way even I don't feel like I have been left out.

Enigma2: I tried the below image and booted with usb stick few weeks ago, but due to it was all in Russian there was nothing I could do with it hence deleted didn't know how to change the language :(

ENIGMA 2 PKT NEBULA V3 mod by spartak73 V3.0
    Added: 19 November 2012File Size: 68.14 MB
    Description:
    PKT NEBULA V3 mod by spartak73 V3.0

present to you our next assembly PKT_NEBULA_V3_mod_by_spartak73_V3.0 for the following receivers: ***way Classic
    ***way Light
    ***way Nano
    ***way Droid
    ***way Classic 3

Regarding DCC I have never use this before in fact I didn't even know until you mentioned it. I have used FileZilla in past for some website developing so am familiar with the procedure. Will try later in the day and check the file system using DCC and come back to you. I have also found video links from the manufacturers website for similar procedure you may have a look it shows the file systems if that helps.

CONNECTION receiver by FTP USING TOTAL COMMANDER
    СОЕДИÐЕÐИЕ С РЕСИВЕРОМ ПО FTP - YouTube

DELETING FOLDERS VAR in receivers
    УДÐЛЕÐИЕ ПÐПКИ VAR Ð’ РЕСИВЕРЕ - YouTube

Thanks again for your help.

• As agreed here is my further findings.
    I found DCC a bit difficult and thought it was for specific box or brand. Nevertheless I managed with TC and was much easier. I have taken some screen shots to show the receiver's file contents. Also the box is stuck on one channel and the left side of screen is covered in grey colour and at top it say HDD: 0, USB: 0. The receiver display shows 'Icon Men' and the remote as well as front panel buttons are unresponsive.

Screen shots images: Total 6 images
    eBay item gallery | JPEGbay.com

Re-updated the latest firmware via usb upon reboot but still the same the box was working few days ago (last week) and since then it was left switched off (no power).

I have found this link via google it may be some help to understand this box.
    i see theres a new octagon out "Octagon SF1028P Twin HD - Noblence"

Other boxes FW from same make:
    http://fortisclub.com/file/category/download-firmware.html

Any help will be appreciated thanks.

• First of all...

DO NOT TRY TO CHANGE IMAGE /LOADER ,etc..

you have the most recent...

Once you get into this ( anoting the path it can easily be changed to suit your sub card)

OSCAM MONITOR 0.1.8

There are a few plugins but nothing familiar to what we are used to or seems interesting..

MANUAL FOR ***WAY CLASSIC 3

FOR CHANNEL LISTS OR EDITORS USE DREAMBOXEDIT ( already here on site)
    DCC is the control centre to connect + communicate to your box ...

WEB-INTERFACE FORTISWEBIO v111.16

This doesnt have 28º added but in dreamboxedit you can interleave it or simply just stick with your scanned list as you state you only have a fixed dish..

on that site , All Q´s + A´s are in videos ,,can´t get to translate them into any languages I know but the visuals should be enough to follow ;)

If all this fails in the end I would simply go try an easy English language enigma2 image and install Oscam/ CCcam onto it,,
    depending once again which sub card you are going to use

• Thanks Cazuela for all the instructions and the attachments apart from Key due to limitation I could not download. I used the plugins via usb don't know whether it has repaired the file systems but this msg coming and stays on once booted after this it get unresponsive.
    MSG: 'OSD as BMP in / var / when press PointMark-key'

If it is looking for some file can I replace the missing files using ftp?

• As per the above post says I tried the attached files including the Key folder but still after it boots try to fixit itself comes up with the option saying press exit. After exit the remote goes in unresponsive mode left with the msg 'OSD as BMP in / var / when press PointMark-key'. Will try and take couple of screen shots later and UL here. I don't know whether I should go to the previous FW using USB.

Also found the similar receiver with different name on their website. If someone can check and direct me to the right FW for my box please that will be great help.
    http://fortisclub.com/fortis-produces-model.html

Fortis HS-7810 HS-7119
    ***way NANO NANO 2
    Octagon 1008 SE+ 918G SE+
    Rebox RE-4200
    UltraPlus 900
    HD Box FS-9105
    Forever HD-7810
    Arcon Titan 1010
    Openbox S6
    Icom HD-1080P DIVX
    Dynavision DV-7800
    GI S8680
    Elcomax Elux II
    Dream*** HD6
    ***S@t Classic
    Mediastar HD 900s
    KIOWA HD98

Many thanks

• A little help that's what everyone need please. Please Help Me. I am having issues with my Slyway classic 3 box any help will be appreciated. It shows grey belt on left side of the screen also had some issues so used previous FW mentioned as 'use for recovery only' as the remote is unresponsive hence used recovery FW from FortisClub.

Sample video of my box while working showing issues:
    Skyway.ClassicIII.v2.10.67.2012Jun27 Issues - YouTube

Many thanks

• Finally I managed to get rid that grey stripe from my screen I followed the video on FC website how to delete the /var/ folder and also cleared all the plugins as well as did few factory restore. I am now on latest upgraded FW v2.11.16 with only one plugin by default WEB-BROWSER WEBZEAL.

If any one can help me with the CS and channel list that will be great.

• Hi Sevenoceans, I am using a different Fortis box and the enigma 2 files for ***way light. On my menu I chose 3rd from bottom on first screen top option on second screen and 3rd option on third screen for language. It runs superbly using Glass utility to set up os*** ymod and mg***d for use with softcams. It was a struggle to set it up the first time but it works well. I hope I do not get in trouble with the moderators for trying to help

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!