Lots of questions about VU+ Ultimo (EPG, Wireless, Recording, Tuner Configuration)

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 1,641 times. The last Post () by mrgmx.

• EPG

I would like to have an EPG that resembles something like which is in a Sly UK box. Is there anything like that? The EPG at the moment seems to be broken, some channels don't show anything on the EPG and I can only see what's on in the next hour or two. So it's not possible to set what program you want to record at the moment as you can't see beyond the next hour or two.

I see three Sly Sports 4 HD channels. The first one is actually Sly Sports 1 HD, the other 2 are the correct channel and appear to be the same as each other showing the exact same program. There's seven Channel 4 channels! What is the point of those duplicate channels? Does it matter which one I watch with regards to picture and signal quality?

I would like to be able to set a channel as my favorite and then be able to view all my favorite programs. How do I do that?

Does the receiver automatically download new channels as they are released or do I have to manually check every month or so? Is there any newsletter I can subscribe to that informs me of new channels?

Channels that I haven't subscribed to don't show an EPG so I can't see what stuff is on the channel. Is that normal? I would like to see what's on the channels otherwise how will I know if I want to subscribe to it or not?

What does the Zap feature do?

Is it possible to control the EPG via my PC because the remote control isn't very intuitive.

Recording Programmes

If I delete a program that is still being recorded then the program continues to record but the recording doesn't appear in the recorded files menu.

Is there any way to record a Standard Definition program in h264 instead of MPEG2?

Is the box not able to record in 5.1 surround? When I copy a Sly HD live football recording to my PC and view the information it says it only has 2 audio channels.

Tuner Configuration

I have 2 connections from my Sly UK dish so I can record 2 channels at once. I did the config below, is that correct?:

Configuration Mode: Simple
    Mode: DiSEqC A/B
    Port A: Astra 2/Eurobird 1 (28.2E)
    Port B: Astra 2/Eurobird 1 (28.2E)
    Set Voltage and 22 Khz: Yes.
    Send DiSEqC only on satellite change: Yes.

Could anyone explain what the above settings mean?

If I get 3 of the twin tuner modules which allow me to record 6 channels at once, then what settings should I use?

Wireless Connection

How do I install the Wireless connection so that it just connects to my PC and not my router? I'm only using it so I can copy recordings from my Ultimo to my PC.

• Right Here Goes!

TBH connection via Wire or HomePlugs is the best way! Wifi can be hit and miss for some! House build specific e.t.c (Thick Walls)
    This can be setup in the Network section of Your Image (Vix) much the same way you would setup wireless on PC....have key e.t.c to hand! If you plan to record and move stuff to a PC wired option would be best anyways!

Just bare in mind buddy you have been quiet active sorting your box out....anything you may have installed and is not working you may need to delete as it may conflict!

It will be wise to install TSPANEL as it has various tools on there to delete/remove stuff and links to various addons!

To install stuff find the various IPK plugins from forum....ftp the ipk to /tmp folder on box....or copy to usb > plugin to box > copy over to tmp using filebrowser (plugin)

Dreambox Edit (Channel List settings/changing)
    http://linuxsat-support.com/ch…-edit-latest-version.html

Catseye Channel Settings
    Forum Gateway - Powered by DnP Firewall

TSPANEL
    http://linuxsat-support.com/en…ddons-server-updates.html

AutoBouquets
    http://linuxsat-support.com/en…uquets-e2-28-2e-beta.html

That should give you plenty to get your teeth into! Watch the Bones!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

VU+ ULTIMO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!