server Ubuntu 12.04 with mythtv-backend and sharing mgcamd

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,149 times. The last Post () by angelz.

• hello all,

I'm a new kid on the satellites :) and I play a lot with dm800 hd.
    for the moment I am sharing with mgcamd on dream elite image and it works quite
    I receive the channel on xbmc satellites decrypted thanks al vu + add on but I would evolve :)

the project is to install a linux server which would mythtv backend (and if the config hardware is enough HPC) which I would install 2 card (or a card with 2 tuner) DVB/S2 1 card DVD-T

I would like some advice on the choice of material.

I thought a WinTV-HVR-4400 DVB-S HD for1 tuver and 1 DVB-T:
    and 1 TeVii S471 DVB-S2 PCIe

I chose a distribution server ubuntu 12.04 (I know better)

but I do not see what the program used to perform the decryption (sharing) as the dreambox with mgcamd

if someone could give me some info on how to proceed to use linux sharing mgcam

thank you for your help and advice

and a Happy New Year to all

AngelZ

• Can't comment on Tuners....but Server side this should get you going

Loads of info here mate to get you going
    Linux Server Tuts

But in general people use Oscam standalone or Oscam/Cccam combo using Oscam to read and Cccam to share! They both have pro's and cons!

I would use Oscam only and if you choose this route use this tut from ThatFellow
    http://linuxsat-support.com/li…only-install-package.html

This will get OScam setup on Ubuntu from there you need to look/do the following!

You will need a card to share with and connect that to your server either using your reciever or a card reader like smargo or omnikey

Setup configs for your card and cams you want to use....using Oscam Config/Server files

When this is all done and your card is being read through Oscam you can then create accounts and share from Oscam using Mgcamd (Oscam end) and Mgcamd (newcamd.list) reciever end!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• hello,
    thanks or your answer.

I had already see this 2 post but the problem is I must use MGcamd for my sharing config :(
    (and if waht I read is exact mgcam is more stable and more fine of CCcam)

thanks for help

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!