[WIP] RTE Player for Enigma2 - Irish Video on Demand plugin

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,847 times. The last Post () by bmitie.

• Work in Progress - Alpha 1 - Proof of concept build

Install instructions
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Download Link

Code
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/upv1l89kuw5r0c3/ymEcgQUwZO/rteplayer.zip

Copy the folder "rteplayer" using a FTP program (such as FileZilla) to "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/"

Restart Enigma2
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Goto plugin section and start RTE Player

What working:
    Video files are playing
    Sections
    Latest Episodes
    Most Popular Episodes
    Episodes by Date

What not working:
    Sections
    Categories
    A to Z

Already tested and working on:
    Vu+ Duo with Openvix 3.0
    Vu+ Solo with Openvix 3.0
    Gigablue Quad Openvix 3.0
    Azbox HD Elite Openrsi 3.0

The licence is GNU v3. So, if any one has any python skills with Enigma2 and want to work on it, go right ahead.
    You don't need my permission to copy, reproduce or distribute this.

I have no connection with RTE.

This is my first plugin for Enigma2. I am not a professional programmer, I did programming in college over ten years ago. So if you see something majorly wrong programming wise, please don't shot me.

I started this on Wednesday, while work was quiet. Hopefully I will have more time to put into this project, but no guarantees.

I take no responsibility if anything goes wrong with your satellite receiver by using this plugin.

• Will the OnDemand plugin work with the RTE player? I have tried the RTE Player Plugin but the video stop after a few minutes (not a bandwidth issue)

I running a VU+ solo 2 with the latest version of VIX

• Just got OnDemand installed there! great job :)
    Where would I get the latest version of the "RTE Player" plugin? just out of curiosity? OnDemand does the job nicely!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!