SPARK Amiko: Dual tuner question

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,109 times. The last Post () by sparksy01.

• I have tuned both my DVB-S2 inputs into the same frequency, I am using CCCam and it works for Tuner - 1, however when I switch it over to Tuner - 2 the CCCam will not work. This come back to another problem I have, I can record one channel however when I record something I cannot watch another channel.

Any suggestions?

• CCCam is not designed to work on a receiver with SH4 architecture, and it probably never will. As far as i know and from what i have read on the forums the supposed version of CCCam on Spark is a modified version of MGCamd.

OSCam has a dedicated version designed to run on the SH4 setup so its probably better to use that.

OSCam is not a bad emu although if you don't know the settings it can be a right bast**d to setup. If you get one little setting wrong on OSCam, when its connected to a CCCam server it can cause massive ECM flooding on the CCCam server. A sure fire way to get kicked off it.

Make sure you double check all the settings, and if possible let your peers know you are running OSCam and not CCCam so if they do get ecm flooding from you they can help you by telling you what your server is doing while you are messing with the settings.

Nano

• Thanks Nano,

I really don't know what I am doing as far as OSCam is concerned. I can find the 4 files on the STB, but I'm not totally sure which files I need to configure, I'm not sure what information I need include (and not include) in the files that need configuring.

Is there a helpful guide / idiots guide / tutorial for people like myself who I describe as half-techie!!

• I only use OSCam under Enigma2, I despise Spark with a passion.

As for setting up OSCam it all depends on the card/s you have. Each card has its own setting, it also depends on whether or not you are only running as a client a server or both. I have OSCam running fine on my Alien SHD-8900, although its primarily used as a client box, even though it does have a card in it.

Nano

• I only use OSCam under Enigma2, I despise Spark with a passion.

As for setting up OSCam it all depends on the card/s you have. Each card has its own setting, it also depends on whether or not you are only running as a client a server or both. I have OSCam running fine on my Alien SHD-8900, although its primarily used as a client box, even though it does have a card in it.

Nano

Thanks very much - I've configured OScam and that has sorted it out. recording off two and watching on the third!

• Thanks very much - I've configured OScam and that has sorted it out. recording off two and watching on the third!

Did you also (partially) answered to my questions posted here http://linuxsat-support.com/am…able-amiko-alien-2-a.html .

Could you please provide more details about your your SCR configuration?
    Which is the experience with two different SAT HD cripted channels, belonging to two different Transponders?
    Did you noticed any freeze?
    which firmware? Sprak or E2?

Many Thanks
    pikkia

• No I'm using one 28.2 frequency.

Fireware - Spark is on .51.E2 and I am booting into E2 I'm using SatStation's version. It is correct that you need to use OScam

No freezing at all.

• I have tuned both my DVB-S2 inputs into the same frequency, I am using CCCam and it works for Tuner - 1, however when I switch it over to Tuner - 2 the CCCam will not work. This come back to another problem I have, I can record one channel however when I record something I cannot watch another channel.

Any suggestions?

Hi sparksy, Since I have just modified my satellite installation with the SCR LNB. Could you please tell me how to move from one Tuner to another one? Both for Spark and for E2 FW?

• Hi sparksy, Since I have just modified my satellite installation with the SCR LNB. Could you please tell me how to move from one Tuner to another one? Both for Spark and for E2 FW?

Hi Pikkia,

Spark - there is a button on the remote control 'SAT', or within the EPG you select from which provider you want.
    E2 - The button on the remote does not work, but the process is automated. You record on one is moves to another. IF you have 2 frequencies, I guess you just select the channel you want from the bouquet, but since I don't have 2 frequencies to change between I don't really know.

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!