Backup an restore all

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,935 times. The last Post () by mrgmx.

• Hi all

I have looked around and I beleive this question has been asked a few times,but the answers seem not to address the question, namely, Can I do a complete copy ( Backup) of my image, settings, cccam, plugins in the form of a complete map (nfi), from say a dm800hd and and if the existing image on the box crashes, I can restore (backup nfi) from the previously restored backup without having to go through all the setup (flash, cccam, bouquet etc), the reason I ask is - many times I experiment, something goes south (final straw) and it is another hour to set it all up again, I dont mind doing that, however, it stops me experimenting, hope I have made sense and its not a stupid question.
    thanks
    junger

• Not sure about DM buddy but im sure process should be same for all!

A Full Image backup will backup all plugins, cams, lines and setup features....just bare in mind somethings like EPG downloader for example will be there but will need setting up again!
    Plugin wise, Line wise, Cam wise, Channel list wise all should be backed up!

Remember just do a Full Image backup and not the Settings backup...it got me the 1st time lol

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• The Image should have a Backup option

e.g Vix Menu > Vix > Image Manager i think lol its Late!

I know there is a command you can telnet across to box (can't remeber off hand what it is)

I have seen backup option in TsPanel but havent used as always Use the Image option....Try it....it will install a Backup folder in HDD drive or wherever you set it to!
    It will be in the same layout as you would use to flash i.e Folder vuplus > Ultimo > which 2/3 files boot and root files

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!