68 year old newbie

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,183 times. The last Post () by mrgmx.

• Hello, can someone please lead me through flashing my VU+solo2 which should be arriving around lunchtime.
    I have set-up a floder and downloaded the suitable image to a USB, and using jzip extacted it to the folder. I them FAT32 my USB and reloaded the image.

Am I now OK to flash the image to my box ? Thank in advance for any help.

• Hi mate,

yep your on the right tracks lol

fomat USB Fat32

Download the Image or Backup Image from our solo2 section (backups have stuff Pre installed)

Unzip and place on USB - Structure of files/folders should look like - vuplus > solo2 > files for backup BIN/ROOT e.t.c

power down solo2 and switch off at the back

put USB into front of solo2 > switch on and watch front panel > it will say to start press power button > be quick otherwise it won't flash!

press Power Button on solo2 and it will start to flash etc and the reboot!

remove USB and new image should load up and run Wizard to setup!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Fallen at the first fence,I have loaded the archive file from my folder to the USB (cruzer 2GB) inserted it into the front slot powered on the box it said searching then I pressed stb button on my remote quickley and then ended up saying "Language sel. I swiched of and tried again 3 times with the smae result and now left it power on with the USB still inserted for about 20mins now.

Should I set-up the box first and then try again ?:baffle:

• lol

Start again....you press the power button on the box itself....the touch screen one!

Power Off > Insert USB > The box will say something along lines of to flash/install press Power Button! > Do so and the Box will go through process of flashing!

It will ask to remove USB and/Or Restart when done

lssdalogo.png

• Right what Image are you trying to put on it buddy?

When you unzip the folder and put on USB you should have the following present!

Folder vuplus > click into that

SubFolder solo2 > click into that

a number of files present.....kernel_cfe....root_cfe

If all this is ok then Image on stick fine!

Power Off Unit > Plug in USB > Switch On

Watch the screen on the solo2 > It should tell when to press Power Button!
    (If it goes to 'starting' or something comes up on TV you missed it lol)

When you press Power button the LED screen on box should output starting to flash...you may see flashing software....reading USB or something of the like.....the TV will be blank while this is done! (process will take a couple of mins....various messages will some up on solo2 LED screen)

It should say Finished...or Reboot box itself (sorry forgot exactly) but when done remove USB and restart box!

You should now see the image load up on TV and Setup Wizard for your image should start!

lssdalogo.png

• Can't believe it !!!

Just typed out a list of all items in my solo2 folder click on post and it vanished anyway there seems to be one file missing boot_cfe_auto.jff2 and the others root, kernel,initrd are all auto.bin files is this right I don't seem able to extact them.

• No mate you don't want to touch them mate just make sure the files are on USB in correct folder structure that's all!

If they are present try and flash again!

lssdalogo.png

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!