oscam not reading card?

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,859 times. The last Post () by herr flick.

• twice today oscam has stopped reading my local card and i have rebooted remotely and got it back up and working instantly but how can i view the logs to see what the error was?

VU Duo VIX OE3.0

OSCAM 1.20-unstable_svn build #6059
    CCcam 2.1.3 server

• look in oscam.conf - will tell you the path of your logs and the size of your logs - if this is not set, there is no log saved - it the filesize is set to be too small then the logs may have been overwritten

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• ok heres me oscam.conf

[global]
    nice = -1
    logfile = /dev/null
    clienttimeout = 5000
    fallbacktimeout = 2500
    clientmaxidle = 120
    cachedelay = 120
    bindwait = 120
    resolvedelay = 30
    serialreadertimeout = 1500
    maxlogsize = 10
    waitforcards = 1
    preferlocalcards = 1
    saveinithistory = 1
    keepalive = 1

but dev/null is an empty file?

VU Duo VIX OE3.0

OSCAM 1.20-unstable_svn build #6059
    CCcam 2.1.3 server

• yes you need to create the file -use winscp or similar to log in server - you can name it 'oscam.log' or whatever - change permissions to 755, and then in oscam.conf - change /dev/null to /locationoffile/nameoffile - then reboot - increase the size if needed (maxlogsize=1024 givew you 1mb file)
    then if it happens again you have a log.

• if you are using winscp it is as simple as right clicking and changing permissions to 755 - you need to make sure the file you created has read/write permissions - without changing permissions it is working for me so you should be ok so long as it is read/write owner permissions (644)

so just create the file - set the path in the logs, and the size - reboot and if it works then don't worry about permissions.

• master G

Set the Label from UK OSCam to Videoguard2 Cards OSCam

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!