Oscam will not work

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,653 times. The last Post () by championc.

• Hello,

I have a dreambox 800 and now the Alien 2.

I always worked with cccam for c-lines but because the ALien 2 withe the e2 image nebula from the pkteam only works with OScam I have to move to this cam.
    I searched the internet and everything what is written about this I read. But it will not work with me.

I have installed an Oscam (later also a second one) and the config_oscam. After that I made the following oscam.server file:

########## oscam.server ###########

[reader]
    label = reader_up
    enable = 0
    protocol = internal
    device = /dev/sci1
    services =
    caid =
    detect = cd
    mhz = 500
    cardmhz = 357
    ident =
    group = 1
    emmcache = 1,2,3
    lb_weight = 100

[reader]
    label = reader_down
    enable = 1
    protocol = internal
    device = /dev/sci0
    services =
    caid =
    detect = cd
    mhz = 500
    cardmhz = 357
    ident =
    group = 2
    emmcache = 1,2,3
    lb_weight = 100

[reader]
    label = ******.**.com
    protocol = cccam
    device = ********.**.com,18180
    user = xxxxxxd
    password = xxxxxxd
    inactivitytimeout = 1
    group = 1
    cccversion = 2.1.2
    cccmaxhops = 3
    cccwantemu = 1
    ccckeepalive = 1

[reader]
    label = newcamd-reader
    enable = 0
    protocol = newcamd
    key = 0102030405060708091011121314
    device = 127.0.0.1,10000
    account = pkt0,pkt0
    group = 3
    fallback = 1

But nothing happend. I know for sure everything is open because the dreambow works fine. What did I forgot?

• first post keytreb
    make a proper introduction here : Forum Gateway - Powered by DnP Firewall

and for your question. have you read the oscam wiki : Forum Gateway - Powered by DnP Firewall
    i think you wil find it there.

Thanks I will intriduce myself when I have found the problem.
    I'm trying to gets think working for 3 days and nights now, but im deperate I have no ideas. Yesterday I sat and tried until 3 in the morning.
    And yes I have read the oscam wiki, and all the other postings and sites. But I do not know what iám doing wrong. ANd to be honnest, the oscam wiki is not a big help.

Please anyone an idea?

• Thanks I will intriduce myself when I have found the problem.
    I'm trying to gets think working for 3 days and nights now, but im deperate I have no ideas. Yesterday I sat and tried until 3 in the morning.
    And yes I have read the oscam wiki, and all the other postings and sites. But I do not know what iám doing wrong. ANd to be honnest, the oscam wiki is not a big help.

Please anyone an idea?

Hi Keytreb,

You don't have a 'BOXID' this is ID of the box you are 'OSCam-ing' to and it is required although the Wiki doesn't say this. What version of OSCam are you using and what location are you coping the file to?

I have the following setting in mine,

label=
    enable=1
    protocol=cccam
    device=<IP Address or URL>,<Port>
    user=<username>
    password=<password>
    cccversion=2.1.4
    group=1
    inactivitytimeout=1
    reconnecttimeout=30
    lb_weight=100
    cccmaxhops=10
    ccckeepalive=1
    cccwantemu=0
    boxid=<ID of Box>

I have nothing more... Another thing you might want to check is your Router's firewall - you will be able to see the traffic coming to and from you STB, if there is nothing then you know it is a problem with the STB config. If you are receiving traffic and it is going to the correct address then you know your STB is working fine.

• Hello,

thanks,

What could be the boxid, is it an number, where could I found it?
    I put the oscam.server in var/keys

Besides that i found some information about the image
    It said FTP login: root, passwd: pkteam
    oscam -> boxtype ipbox
    mgcamd -> boxtype 11

The first entry I get, the second and third not. What does this meen, where schould I put this?

• What could be the boxid, is it an number, where could I found it?

I don't know exactly where you can get this information from - but it should be the MAC address of the box which is serving you your Oscam service

I put the oscam.server in var/keys

You need to put the Oscam.server file in /var/tuxbox/config - once you've done this restart the OSCam plugin

FTP Login - that is to be used in FileZilla to remotely access your box.

• In my image, nebula e2 from the pkteam there is no /tuxbox/

I think you talk about the spark image

• In my image, nebula e2 from the pkteam there is no /tuxbox/

I think you talk about the spark image

if there are not /tuxbox/config directories just create them.
    the problem is that some oscam builds are looking for the config files in var/keys and some others in var/tuxbox/config, to be sure just copy the same files to both directories.

but my advice is, don`t waste your time with any e2 image, THIS RECEIVER WILL NEVER WORK WELL WITH E2, simply because only kids are playing around trying to produce e2 images, so stick with the solid Spark.

• if there are not /tuxbox/config directories just create them.
    the problem is that some oscam builds are looking for the config files in var/keys and some others in var/tuxbox/config, to be sure just copy the same files to both directories.

but my advice is, don`t waste your time with any e2 image, THIS RECEIVER WILL NEVER WORK WELL WITH E2, simply because only kids are playing around trying to produce e2 images, so stick with the solid Spark.

Hello satsok,
    I have on my Amiko Alien 2 the PKTeam Hyperion V3 running and it works as a charm. So I am not agree with THIS RECEIVER WILL NEVER WORK WELL WITH E2. Sorry for that.

Yours,
    Worfsonofmogh.

• but my advice is, don`t waste your time with any e2 image, THIS RECEIVER WILL NEVER WORK WELL WITH E2, simply because only kids are playing around trying to produce e2 images, so stick with the solid Spark.

So you obviously do not own one of these yourself satsok, or else maybe you couldn't manage to load E2 onto it yourself but then you slag off others. Spark is garbage when compared to Enigma2 Images, two of which, Hyperion and AR-P are both very good and stable.

• So you obviously do not own one of these yourself satsok, or else maybe you couldn't manage to load E2 onto it yourself but then you slag off others. Spark is garbage when compared to Enigma2 Images, two of which, Hyperion and AR-P are both very good and stable.

To be fair to Satsok his comments are almost a year old and E2 on the Alien 2 was poor and buggy at that stage .
    It is very stable now though ,Hyperion 3 is excellent.

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!