need help setting up 2tb hdd

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,268 times. The last Post () by andy123.

• i have reformatted my 2tb hdd i using blackhole 1.7.9 when tryining to innitialising the hdd error pops up error mkfs failed can any advise please

• I have a Solo and tried to add an external USB Hard drive but I can´t get it to work.
    I can initialize the disk in OpenPli and it´s been formatted.
    I have also try to add the hard drive with the Vu+ Control Centre but can´t use the disk with the Solo.
    Please help!

• I found a solution and worked perfectly with 2 separate vu+ solo with 2tb Seagate external hard drive.

First I downloaded EasyUS partition master to my laptop and formatted the 2tb drives from NTFS to FAT32

I then took a backup of my black hole setup to usb then I flashed the vu with a vix 3.0 image. Once installed I turned off the VU and plugged the external hard drive to usb. Turned on the Vu went to setup and initialised the drive. That's the drive now initialised ready for your black hole install.

I then take my black hole backup and reflash my box back to black hole then plug the external drive restart the box and mount the drive and its done. DONT try to initialise the drive once on the black hole image theres no need and will screw things up again.

I hope this helps some people not a great fix but it does work perfectly and saves loads of messing around

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!