0000 on the display

There are 18 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,692 times. The last Post () by underscore.

• Hi all Ive got a problem with me 8900 alien as it had a funny turn last night , it then showed a message on screen that said something like SW is an illegal operation contact ur vender and locked up with that on the screen. So i rebooted it as it wouldnt switch to standby with the use of the remote. After switching on all i get now is 0000 in the displav and u cant even boot it up with the use of the pen drive in the USB slot with the finger also on the start button and powered from the rear.
    Can anybody shed some light on this problem plz?

Thanks in advance.

• Did you both update Spark on box in the last few days?

I would say you may have a clone box, and they have just hit it with the countermeasure they have been threatening.

They may have done what Gemini did with the DM500. Some sort of time bomb.

Stands a chance the bootloader has been destroyed, in much the same way as Dream did with the Clone DM500 boxes. All they have done is just hit their market, as nobody will trust them now, would you take the risk of ending up with a Clone?

I may be wrong, but it stands a good chance that is what has happened. If ithe bootloader has been damaged you are going to have to cut your losses and get a new box, as i haven't seen any jtag info for these boxes. I would recommend avoiding anything from Amiko in future. Get a proper MIPS cpu box that works.

have you tried flashing the rescue image to it? May be worth a go unless its totally killed the box.

Nano

• I have no idea how this malicious firmware, if that is what it is has ended up on the box, but i would say its something to do with the last update from spark #61. If you are unsure of whether your box is genuine or not i would leave it on #58e until more is known.

I'm sure more and more people will start posting as more boxes get disabled. Myself i would flash the box with the USB Spark rescue image found on this forum and then leave Spark well alone and just run the E2 images.

Amiko have stooped very low indeed here, making themselves no better than Dream Multimedia. It makes one more reason not to buy their crappy boxes.

Nano

• All Asian region including Indonesia Thailand Malaysia have same problem, the attack happen almost at same time and same day.
    some believe it was attacking on MAC address and some say on box I.P. I have no idea..

I have some suggestion.

Stop using spark for this moment, used E2 instead.

If you using spark, and box still running, please downgrade to previous version...say 51 or less. to be safe run E2 only.

if display 00:00 means it nothing can be done (for this moment) since all boot loader been totally wipe out.

I agreed Nano statement... buy new box..

hope we have a solution soon..

• This is where the problem is, Amiko and Fulan have not posted anything on their website on how to identify if you have a clone box, this is what makes it so difficult to spot if you have a clone.

Even if you email them asking the for nformation they don't reply or even acknowledge the email.

Unfortunately at the moment there is little that can be done at this moment in time other than for you to buy a new box. If you are only using Spark i would recommend getting something like the Ferguson Arive 102e or 202e. They have more or less the same functions as the SHD-8900 in Spark Mode. In my opinion they are a very robust receiver unlike the POS Alien. They can also be used with CCCam in client mode.

If you use Enigma 2 you may have to spend out a little more money than you did with the Alien to get a decent MIPS box. The forum Sponsor has some good deals at the moment on the Maxview boxes and TM Single. At least with a MIPS box you will be able to see what Enigma 2 is meant to run like :haha:

Failing that get a Clone Dreambox DM500HD or a Clone DM800HD. There are images that are specifically written for them so there is little to fear about the same thing happening to them. *** Pirates shop will be able to help you with that.

Most Importantly, i wouldn't bother with another Amiko box as you may find yourself stuck in the same position again.

Nano

• By this exercise, Amiko will be unfavorable box anymore. If they kill the clone box means the kill the original box too. I've contacted the factory in China, it look like been shut down. No email replied.

For me, Vu+, DM800 will be a good choice.

# For Amiko fan, buy Amiko from reliable or appointed distributor only.

• Or just dont bother with an Amiko.

You need to go and buy a proper MIPS box that runs Enigma like its suppose to :haha:

• if it is not working then you must bring it to your reseller for repair.
    and you have tryed this : instead of Ymodem select kermit

Someday everything will all make perfect sence.
    So for now laugh at the confusion,smile through the tears and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.

• I too was stung with some clones of the amiko, I now only purchase from authorised dealer, I also got the sw is ilegal message, and overcame it by doing the following procedure use 61 alpha image, hope it helps

Preparation:
    1.Install TFTP tools [csicotftp11.rar] to your PC
    2.Set your PC IP addr to [192.168.40.19]
    3.connect your PC to STB by LAN, now we only support LAN, do not support WLAN
    4.Set default booting system to [spark]
    Upgrade Step:
    1.copy [mImage] and [userfsub.img] to any folder of your PC, for example [C:/spark]
    2.select folder in TFTP tools:
    3.Keep Pressing [OK] Button in Front Panel, then power on STB.
    4.After 5 seconds you will see [Forc] in LED, release [OK] button and press right arrow button.
    5.If everything OK, You will see [T LD] shining in LED and you will see some debug information in TFTP Server, like
    “Mon Oct 25 14:02:36 2010: Sending 'mImage' file to 192.168.40.19 in binary mode
    Mon Oct 25 14:02:39 2010: Successful.
    Mon Oct 25 14:02:50 2010: Sending 'userfsub.img' file to 192.168.40.19 in binary mode
    Mon Oct 25 14:03:33 2010: Successful.”
    6.if upgrade success, You will see [SUCC] and STB reboot automatically
    If upgrade not finishes in 5 minutes, then there must be something wrong, please check your configuration

• RobertChas: your plan only works if the box will re-boot after the msg.

The only way I cleared mine when this happened was to purchase an add-on module for pc and jtag the box to reflash boot loader.
    From what i can remember no matter what spark os you use (even the safe alpha one) gets hit via the countermeasures.

It takes about 30 mins per box to reflash. thats from opening the box up to having the box restarted and running again.

hope this helps.

Many thanks for reading.

• Any chance you can shed some light on where the addon module can be purchased fom.

Regards

Nano

Spark STI 7111 Support

Support for ADOH R1, Amiko Alien SHD 8900, Amiko Alien Mini, Goldmaster HD 1200, Golden Media 990 CR HD PVR Spark LX, Golden Media Spark Reloaded, Edision Argus Pingulux, Edision Argus Pingulux Plus, Galaxy Innovations GI S, SAB Unix F+ Solo, Dynavision Spark, Dynavision Spark Plus, Fulan Spark I+, Truman Premier 1+, Samsat Linux 1, Startrack SRT 2020 HD, FullHD FH 2020 HD, Yumatu Spark, Visionnet Hammer, Visionnet Fireball, Superbox S750, Sogno Spark Revolution, Spark STI 7111 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!