Russian TV Channels

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 620 times. The last Post () by budley.

• Hi all, i hope i am posting this in the right place but i was wondering what system i should buy to allow my wife to watch russian TV on it? I currently dont have any system except S*Y which i am fed up paying half my wages to watch.

• Russia has two good subscription packages Platforma and RTVi for details of what satellite they broadcast on .

There are two satellites having some Russian content – Hot Bird and Sirius. The most popular is HotBird, having some 10 Russian sourced channels plus Euro News in Russian, Russia Today and Luxe which has Russian Language audio. Plus the many Russian Radio channels too.

Sirius, also easily received has Russian channels and Ukraine channels. The two satellites can also be combined on one dish to give a really good Russian coverage, all with no subscription.
    The Russian Platforma HD, is no longer available. The broadcaster has announced plans to move in July this year, to the Eutelsat 36 satellite, which unfortunately is out of range for Uk viewers , also viewers in most of western Europe as the coverage will be limited to Russian territory.

The latest Russian channel to join the group on Hotbird is STS a general entertainment channel. Russia now has a good range of free channels available .
    In addition to Russia channels there are several channels in the Russian Language, including Belarus , also the RT Russia Today and RT Documentary channels about Russia in English
    HD Sports showing Champions league matches and much more is now available with the Platforma HD package, as an add on extra costing £60 per year. Contact any Platforma dealer to enable your card for this channel.Sadly this is very bad news for the many Uk viewers of the Platforma package. Platforma have decided to move to the Eutelsat 36 satellite in July of this year. Viewers will no longer be able to receive this even by moving their dish as the footprint of Eutelsat does not even cover western Europe and certainly not England.

Free satellite tv channels from the Ukraine can be found on the Sirius ( now renamed Astra4 ) satellite. The following Ukraine channels are available:-

RTVi

This is a subscription service from the Hotbird satellite, costing around £140 to £200 on the internet, the RTVi card is a Viaccess type and can be used in my standard Russian Package 1a receiver. Ideal for those wanting the free channels and at some future date, the option to easily subscribe for few more channels including films.

• hi there,

if he was to get whatever box he is going to get, would the "nstreamplayer" plugin not do ?:
    it has these channels:

Russia

<name>RUSSIA 1</name>
    <name>RU TV</name>
    <name>NTV</name>
    <name>RUSSIA 2</name>
    <name>DTV</name>
    <name>KULTURA</name>
    <name>REN</name>
    <name>RUSSIA 24</name>
    <name>KARUSEL</name>
    <name>5 KANAL</name>
    <name>7TV</name>
    <name>STS</name>
    <name>DOM</name>
    <name>TVC</name>
    <name>ZVEZDA</name>
    <name>MUZ TV</name>
    <name>BRIDGE TV</name>
    <name>TV3</name>
    <name>MTV</name>

that said, i cannot get it to work on my box which is running pli as well

niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!