Dm 500s question

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 563 times. The last Post () by nano.

• hi i have question i back up image from working dm 500s box to my dm 500s and why this is asking for all the setup. when the other box is working fine.
    in dream box setting witch satellites and transponder should i select ?
    BOUQUETS IS BLANK.

• Sorry to be brutally blunt but why have you started a new thread on this subject again? If the answer wasn't forthcoming on the previous identical thread you started a few weeks ago it probably won't be forth coming on this thread either.

in dream box setting witch satellites and transponder should i select ?

I don't know, which package are you trying to watch and where are you located????? Its impossible for anybody to answer your question as it is really vague. Do you know how many satellites there are up there?

If its a backup of an existing setup it should copy over exactly as it was on the other box. Which software did you use to make the backup and which software are you using to copy the backup on to the second box.

Answer these questions first and then there may be a chance that somebody will be able to help you.

Nano

• allways when you backup image dm ask that,just pass through setup. select satelite what you wish to watch or anything what ask you, (like diseqc or motorized)and then manual set what you want.

• hi nano for last few weeks i gave up cuz i was not getting any where. So i thought i should try again to solve the problem i don't know to much about satellite. as you asked, I am located in Toronto Canada and i want to watch discovery,CNN,pct, Sony ,movies,news and sports.
    I am using Dream up software for backup and i saved file in tmp folder. Then i use Dream up for copy the backup on the second box .i copy backup tmp folder file as is. After doing this pros sis when i connect all the wires and turn the TV on the screen comes up for setup like pal ,time zone ,language and so on.
    You said its a backup of an exiting setup and it should copy over exactly as it on the other box.That's what i wonder why it needs to do all kind of setup.
    I know you tried to help me last time i really appreciate for that.

• OK, your in luck. I am in the middle of applying for a Visa to live in Canada so i have looked extensively what i will have to play with over there.

As for settings, In your location it would be NTSC not PAL, Time zone would be North American Eastern Time Zone, language would be what ever language you speak whether that be English or French.

You then have to decide which company will be providing the channels, whether it be Dish TV or DirecTv from the US, or Canadian companies like Bell TV or Shaw?. If its Dish you were think of, the DM500 won't decode some of the satellite positions as some channels are broadcast in MPEG4 8PSK which the 500s won't see, although some are still in DVB-S, but i wouldn't count on that staying like that.

Shaw use Digicipher which as far as i'm aware there isn't an emu to my knowledge that can translate it in order to open the channel, DirecTV don't use the DVB-S standard, they use the DSS standard which again the DM500s cannot open.

That leaves Bell and Dish as being the only ones available to you, although to read a Nagra 3 card you need the boxkey which is another thing that just complicates matters. As for CS over in Canada i don't know much about that as yet.

Have a look at the url below. That will show you which positions all the various Sats are located at dependent on which companies channels you are trying to watch.

Code
    http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/america.html

To be honest i would just use one of the back up images found on this forum and then just set it up to suit and then just add the c line if you have one to the cccam.cfg file found in var/etc.

If the backup doesn't have the sats you require, you will need to make a new satellites.xml file.

Code
    http://satellites-xml.eu/

Use the URL above to access a webpage that will make your satellites.xml file for you. Once thats done and you have saved the generated file to you PC you then need to FTP it over to VAR/ETC on your Dreambox.

Reboot the box and then get it to scan which ever sat you need.

Hope this helps as i doubt your going to get much more info from here as this is primarily a European website, that doesn't really cover much that happens across the pond.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!