can i stop sly box updating card

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,173 times. The last Post () by nano.

• i want to no is their any way to stop a sly box update ur sly card, well its to stop them tuning it off early, i have a sly card that im giving to afriend, the tier dates on the card are 3/4/13, they foned sly about a week ago to cancel, they said it will take 30days, buty their alot longer that that on the card, so incase they change the date on the card, can i stop them from doing that like u can in a server, i was thinking of using a dm500 or openbox but it might update in that to, the box that the card is goin in now isnt the one its paired to, but still thinkl they update anyway. anything i can to to make woman who has never had sly channels happen till april, without getting dirty lmao
    dreamuser

• she doesnt have internet or i would, 6 weeks or so is better than nothing, shes a single mum with 3 kids n very little money, so anything i can do to help i do, ok so if i give here a dm500 box, in the config would i put

DISABLE EMM : yes
    and that should stop card updating
    dreamuser

• maybe but they will be happy they got disney channel for while, then they back to their free cartoons, their mummy loves sly one because of glee lol and u never no i might get another one, one of my friends in a month or to was fink of taking a share of me and canceling his card so will give her that if he does, so will work out the start of april and till him to wait til then to cancel, but if not its better than nothing, what im still wondering is why they didnt update card to go of in 30 days when they cancel it over a week ago, maybe if its left in sly box it will stay on anyway till april anyway..
    dreamuser

• no it wont they will be on the phone again trying to convince them to keep sly a few days to a week before it ends , the system will send out a disconnect on the day anyway automatically its 31 days notice from the time you phone up

• You could always use a cheap dm500 or something like that. Most emus will work quite happily when the boxes are not connected to the internet.

You just block the emu updates and bobs your uncle :haha:

You will then get the full time off the card. I would wait until a few days before the end of the month before calling them so you will get the maximum entitlement on the card.

• the card is already canceled, they even got the cancellation letter from sly confirming it, so thats the date on card now, 10 days after they called to cancel, so is the tiers likely to change if left in sly box, i was checking and dnt seem to have a working spare dm500 atm

• It would last to what ever the date the entitlements run out. Sly usually update a few months in front.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!