Stab girlfriend, burn box

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,146 times. The last Post () by tommyt.

• Quick question before I do the above:

Seeing as I cannot ftp my box for love or money, is there any way I can set up a favourites list with the remote?

• if you cannot FTP into the box ..
    pass me on the girlfriends details...
    and pass me on your visa details to pacify her!!!
    Now ,,, let´s get down to the question at hand...
    What is stopping you being able to ftp??
    try another ftp prog like filezilla..
    If you have already gone down these avenues..
    ¿ why dont you reflash it with another image??

• You can have both my girlfriend and visa card (cue twilight zone music) but you'll have to get rid of your Alien and sign up to ***, and visa may be in touch in the not-too-distant future...

I wish I knew what I was doing wrong with FTP. I've tried every conceivable setting in filezilla. I'm sure it's something simple and obvious to someone in the know, but I'm at a loss. Box is connected to internet and I can get the IP address.

I have moved back to spark for the moment, and one thing I notice is channel change is much faster. Is that normal? It is not a remote problem with E2 as I get the same lag when I change the channels via the buttons on the front of the box. I read somewhere it could be something to do with how the tuners are set up, but I've tried just about every setting with no better results.

Cheers

• judging by the posts/comments on these stbs..
    I think it is more a hobbyists to tinker with rather than an end-user to watch TV stb....
    it cant take that long to reflash can it??
    I only mention it as sometimes a full flash can go wrong in the process and become corrupt..
    I owuld try another flash,,but thats me..lol

• judging by the posts/comments on these stbs..
    I think it is more a hobbyists to tinker with rather than an end-user to watch TV stb....
    it cant take that long to reflash can it??
    I only mention it as sometimes a full flash can go wrong in the process and become corrupt..
    I owuld try another flash,,but thats me..lol

I have tried a few images already and this is the best so far! LOL I think.
    Reflashing is straightforward. Set up is V time consuming for a newbie like me.
    The main reason I got the Alien 2 is because I need a triple tuner for Saorview in Ireland and the alternatives were a lot more expensive.
    IMO Spark is ok if they just fixed the epg and added a graphical, cool-style interface.

• The biggest problem I have with setting up this box (and probably all enigma2 boxes) is getting information. You search and search and you find fragments here and there and you have to piece it all together. Look at the plugins page for example - most of them don't even say what the plugins do!

• you don`t say what e2 image you have on the alien2 or i am missing something.

Someday everything will all make perfect sence.
    So for now laugh at the confusion,smile through the tears and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.

• try inlog = root
    passw = let it blank
    and use filezilla

Someday everything will all make perfect sence.
    So for now laugh at the confusion,smile through the tears and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.

• Don't stab your girlfriend, just the person who sold it the alien to you lol.

These are not good beginner boxes if you wish to use E2. This is never made obvious when they are sold. Most retailers just want your money and thats it. Where did you buy it from?

Nano

• Don't stab your girlfriend, just the person who sold it the alien to you lol.

These are not good beginner boxes if you wish to use E2. This is never made obvious when they are sold. Most retailers just want your money and thats it. Where did you buy it from?

Nano

I bought it mail order in Ireland off a company called EireTV because they were one of the few places that sell them that have an actual shop. I spoke to a salesman on the phone before I bought it and found him very up front. I was going to buy an alien from one of the bigger seller of boxes in Ireland (won't mention any names) and found them a bit dodgy. Since buying the box I returned a faulty usb wifi dongle and they replaced it without questions. All in all I am very happy with EireTV's service.

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!