Mounting Network Drive in HDMU on Alien 2

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,125 times. The last Post () by Steve_W.

• Hi all,

I am trying to mount a NSA on my STB over the ethernet port.
    The NSA i am using is a zyxel and is already formatted in .ext4

The image i have on the box currently is HDMU 10640

The NSA has about 1.5Tb already stored on it that i do not want to loose, so i do not want to format it.

I had no problems recording to and reading from my NSA in spark, and found the set up simple.
    However i am struggling to set it up on the enigma side of things.

I have seen some of the commands here delivered through telnet in previous posts that worked for others,
    however I am unsure if by using some of them i am likely to format my NAS and possibly lose some of my data.

Can anyone provide assistance?

• I set up an Icecrypt S3700CHD last night to read a 2TB Western Digital drive attached to my WDTV live box streamed perfect! I did have to delete the one that was in there and add a new server then plumbed those details in and it worked OK...

I'm not able to look at it right now but I'll have a look later and let you know the details if this helps...

• I set up an Icecrypt S3700CHD last night to read a 2TB Western Digital drive attached to my WDTV live box streamed perfect! I did have to delete the one that was in there and add a new server then plumbed those details in and it worked OK...

I'm not able to look at it right now but I'll have a look later and let you know the details if this helps...

Hi Steve, would also like some help in setting up a network share to use with my S3700CHD, as have it recording to a USB memory stick. But network share would be good. Also what E2 image are you running as i'm running a very stable HDMU image and have to say much better than Spark OS in every way. Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Cheers

• Hello mate, I'm running an image preinstalled with Flip Flops 28.2e channel list & with the coolTVguide cross EPG plugin. It's about the best I can get for this box, although it does have some stupid bugs, like if you are in some menus, if you press exit on the remote it won't exit, you have to press Red & vice versa.

I've got a customer (I'm an installer) who wants a box to replace his sly sub for a box with CS, but this box is not for dummies...

Plus the external 500GB Samsung drive I have connected worked fine yesterday, today it won't mount for no apparent reason... it can see it's there but I can't read from it or write to it.

To be honest, this box is a pain in the arse... I'm thinking of chopping it in for a Dreambox D800 SE which is more expensive but the HDMU firmware is written and tested on it... I get crashes on the 3700 from time to time with stupid things and it drives me up the wall as it takes a couple of minutes to reboot.

If you look within this forum, the 3700 has the least support out of any linux dual boot boxes. I'm about to use dreamboxedit to install Rat's bouquet plugin as it auto updates whenever an update is available... hopefully that'll solve some problems... I'll post back if I get on OK!

Here's the 2 files you need to flash the box on my mega.nz account:

https://mega.co.nz/#!q5pk0RSQ!…vhumw_Zr0gkB1pqkBoYXBxT_M

https://mega.co.nz/#!jggHkQJC!…aW6RkVD9sJCO9mJuxTMvcnsNQ

Speak soon...

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!