Connecting to my debian server with my PC?

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,230 times. The last Post () by JonRDS2484.

• Hi, I have had a vu duo set up as a card server for the last year but am trying to swap over to a debian linux PC server. I have installed automated CCcam 2.1.3 on the debian server and CS studio on my PC to add CCcam.cfgs, but I don't know how to connect my PC to my server. I have read many tutorials but they seem to explain adding F lines once you are already connected and I am abit lost. Are there any more in depth tutorials around or are there details I need to receive from my debian server and input into CS studio on my PC? Any feedback would be much appreciated as I am a total newbie to PC servers, Thanks

• Official Post

Hi, I have had a vu duo set up as a card server for the last year but am trying to swap over to a debian linux PC server. I have installed automated CCcam 2.1.3 on the debian server and CS studio on my PC to add CCcam.cfgs, but I don't know how to connect my PC to my server. I have read many tutorials but they seem to explain adding F lines once you are already connected and I am abit lost. Are there any more in depth tutorials around or are there details I need to receive from my debian server and input into CS studio on my PC? Any feedback would be much appreciated as I am a total newbie to PC servers, Thanks

Have a read of this buddy.

[h=1]For Beginners - How To Add Lines To Linux Server Using CS Studio[/h]

• Thanks for the reply mate, my problem is getting CS studio on my PC to connect to my debian server. The tutorial tells me what to do when I am connected but I'm still unsure on how to set up CS studio so it knows to connect to my server, there Is probably some info I need to retreive from my debian server and input into CS studio but I dont know what it is and where it goes, any ideas where I might be going wrong?

• Official Post

Thanks for the reply mate, my problem is getting CS studio on my PC to connect to my debian server. The tutorial tells me what to do when I am connected but I'm still unsure on how to set up CS studio so it knows to connect to my server, there Is probably some info I need to retreive from my debian server and input into CS studio but I dont know what it is and where it goes, any ideas where I might be going wrong?

Click on the spanner at top left, enter your server details as shown then click add & restart the programme.

• Thanks Ten, I managed to send my CCcam.cfg to home/ccam on my debian server with WinSCP but on the main page it is displaying - Update failed : Unable to connect to 192.168.1.38:16001 I dont have any F lines in the config but I have a box key for a smargo reader, I would have thought even with no F lines It would still connect just show 0 connected clients. Any ideas where I might be going wrong? Thanks again

• maybe your webinfo port is not 16001 check in ccam.cfg, or your cccam.cfg is not in /var/etc check , first find where are your cfg file then check port for web info an just in case check your ip, i hope you are set static no dhcp, and also user and pwd that also in cccam.cfg, if that is ok then you are in problem .

• Official Post

Thanks Ten, I managed to send my CCcam.cfg to home/ccam on my debian server with WinSCP but on the main page it is displaying - Update failed : Unable to connect to 192.168.1.38:16001 I dont have any F lines in the config but I have a box key for a smargo reader, I would have thought even with no F lines It would still connect just show 0 connected clients. Any ideas where I might be going wrong? Thanks again

Yes it should still connect buddy, post your CCcam config & we should be able to show you whats wrong.

• Ok, I managed to connect, I was using the main password instead of the user password, what a dumbass ay. Just trying to setup smargo smart readers now but am struggling, I have the drivers on my PC but don't know where to send them on my debian linux server to install them, Any ideas mate? think I'm nearly there, Thanks again

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!