OE-Alliance OnDemand Plugin support - Thread Closed

There are 56 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,429 times. The last Post () by musogeek.

• we were more concerned with getting things working properly first, rather than getting essentially ALPHA status code working on every image under the sun.

For example.

• Here is the ones including cokeaddicts 3player fix ian, got there eventually lol.
    All this bitching needs to stop peeps, surely it is better to have the plugin working on all images.

no one is bitching mate, but i resent very strongly those who come to this forum with the sole purpose of slagging off the ViX team with no basis in fact. we have not taken ownership of any of the work included within the OnDemand plugin but we have spend hundreds of man hours directly in conjunction with RogerThis updating and adding to those works, such as the rem***l of the GEO lock on the BBC iplayer plugin.

we have not in any way shape or form put any code into these plugins to prevent them working on any image but made them fully opensource via GITHUB for others to work on either with us or even just to modify them selves if they wish. I also resent the implications made by cuebase as frankly he only posts to bitch and moan.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• no one is bitching mate, but i resent very strongly those who come to this forum with the sole purpose of slagging off the ViX team with no basis in fact. we have not taken ownership of any of the work included within the OnDemand plugin but we have spend hundreds of man hours directly in conjunction with RogerThis updating and adding to those works, such as the rem***l of the GEO lock on the BBC iplayer plugin.

we have not in any way shape or form put any code into these plugins to prevent them working on any image but made them fully opensource via GITHUB for others to work on either with us or even just to modify them selves if they wish. I also resent the implications made by cuebase as frankly he only posts to bitch and moan.

just to add one last thing then i'm done.

I did not have to post this plugin or any thing to do with it here or any where else for that matter, i posted it so that others could see where the plugin was currently working towards and so that others could either work with us on on their own to improve it. I did not post so that yet again certain users could creep from under the floor boards to slag us off with baseless accusations.

any one and every one is welcome to join the OE-A if they wish to help us improve things rather than just sitting on the side lines sniping with silly comments.

• digidude,perhaps you can enlighten me as to why the OE Alliance has edited your BBCiplayer file and also the others in their container plugin so they specifically only run on VIX ?

for example the menu box sizing,who on earth uses figures like e-160 these days ?
    i feel this has been specifically written this way to confuse other images and in particular the BH image as theres no way in hell that any BH skin would be able to use these values,and so any attemp results in a gsod.

there are many others too but thats just one off the top of my head

the creation of the iplayer, start to present day.

rogerthis released the rte player on vix forum, and there was talk of 'wow this could be like i player' rogerthis posted a few tutorial links that he had worked from and said 'it could be possible' and everyone said 'ooo i hope someone does it.....'

i was off work on the sick, so started to take a look, and in about a week, had made what i considered a lot of progress, then kept hitting a dead end, i knew exactly what had to be done, but the implementation of it was just out of my knowledge, so, i contacted rogerthis directly with what id done, and after 2 days, and many emails, the first enigma2 bbciplayer was uploaded, in .py form. less than a week later, subixonfires itv player followed, in .pyo form, and people then saw the side of SOME of the vix team what you dont always see.

2 excellent plugins, that people have wanted for years, being slated, one because of who one of the authors was, and the other because they couldnt see the source code of it. and some of them started getting nasty about it. what soon followed, was people high up in the chain od command on vix, publically stating 'digi will never get any form of credit or recognition' as well as things like 'a leech on the hobby' and 'a clown', and others saying people who release stuff as .pyo should be ashamed, yet they will host coolmans .pyo files without any issues? go figure?

while theres no denying that the vix team HAS massivly improved on how the iplayer script first started out, the above is the only reason i can think of why the 'original' authors of the plugins bit has been edited, and the team are very carefull about who, and how, they credit the creation of their on demand plugin, but, without the work of the original authors, the code wouldnt have been there for them to start with

• Well if the purpose of this thread is to get the plugin working on all boxes/platforms perhaps someone can help me and other SH4 box users.

This package uses lxml. The lxml version installed with the IPK is for mipsel/mips32el boxes.
    It is not compatible with SH4 boxes. I've tried to find a SH4 version of lxml but the only one I found was using UCS2 encoding. We need UCS4 encoding.

Can anyone compile python-lxml correctly for SH4/UCS4 for this plugin to work? Please!

• i have limited knowledge but have a little bit of stuff setup for cross compiling for sh4 architecture from playing with stuff for amiko aliens etc, i dont know if ill be able to do anything, but ill ask my m8 google and see what we can find out lol :)

• yes i made those comments towards you not because of your involvement with the iplayer plugin but that fact that i personally dont trust you, you proved how untrustworthy you are when you tried to force our hand into releasing a unfinished image for the TM-TWIN after begging andyblac for help compiling it for you'r own testing purposes. not only did you leak the image but you did so with faulty and potentially damaging drivers which had not even been tested.

as for hosting cools files, i have no idea what your taking about. The coolEPG plugin originally started life as a joint project between andyblac and cool. When they parted ways Cool decided to go closed source taking a lot of andys work with him and andy used what he had to create the ViX EPG.

• yes i made those comments towards you not because of your involvement with the iplayer plugin but that fact that i personally dont trust you, you proved how untrustworthy you are when you tried to force our hand into releasing a unfinished image for the TM-TWIN after begging andyblac for help compiling it for you'r own testing purposes. not only did you leak the image but you did so with faulty and potentially damaging drivers which had not even been tested.

as for hosting cools files, i have no idea what your taking about. The coolEPG plugin originally started life as a joint project between andyblac and cool. When they parted ways Cool decided to go closed source taking a lot of andys work with him and andy used what he had to create the ViX EPG.

pfft please, if your facts aint right, which a lot of them aint, dont post them, and i have FULL ***pe logs to back this up.

i pointed out to andy that there was a folder permissions issue with the GIT stopping anyone from being able to actually compile from the OE-A GIT, and after a few messaged each way, it was sorted out, so theres your 'begging for help' issue gone, as it was me who pointed out the GIT issue that caused my, and other peoples, problems

i have a world of respect for andy, he has forgotten more about coding than ill probably ever know, but, im one of the people who like to have a go, instead of just riding along in the wake of others work. you dont trust me, so what? my oen missus dont trust me, which one do you think i care about more? my missus dont take the time out of her day to post on the nternet about it, see, you loves me really ;)

PS, theres a lot about the 'leak' that you dont actually know about, it was available to the public months before all that happened, and see how many new members it brought you

all smoke and mirrors, and a lot of crap, but, if you cant post the correct information, then dont post any at all, if you need the details about 'my begging for help' ill ask andy if he minds the ***pe log being made public, as i sure dont

• the reference to cool was because subixonfire was slated for releasing the itv player as .pyo, yet vix will host any plugin that they rither already have their own version of, or is of no interest to them, in .pyo format without any issues. as some of the team knew that the itv player would be a brilliant addition to a vix image, a fuss was kicked up over it being closed source.

are you saying that if i was to release a 5Demand player in .pyc format, vix wouldnt question its 'opneness' then take it and vixify it to fit in with the other players? even if when it started out it worked with every image and receiver?

• Again - can we keep this on topic? I am sure there are more private ways to have all this out - most people here are only interested in downloading plugins and getting them to work.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• I think it's important this comes out... People need to see and hear the facts of what vix do and how they operate and try to bully. Now the forum has sold their soul to WoS (we all know that WoS and vix are one of the same) does that now mean that they can no longer be questioned ? If that is the case then you can go ahead and close my account.

Sent from my iPad using Telepathy

• I think it's important this comes out... People need to see and hear the facts of what vix do and how they operate and try to bully. Now the forum has sold their soul to WoS (we all know that WoS and vix are one of the same) does that now mean that they can no longer be questioned ? If that is the case then you can go ahead and close my account.

WoS and ViX forum are not the same.

These are old arguments and can stay off this forum. I am sure lots of us have seen them before.

I am, and I am sure the rest of the team are getting fed up of being accused of acting in such a way as so to please a sponsor.

This forum is for support, not for arguing, and I posted my last post to keep this on topic - this is for support of a plugin, not to debate about who should get credit for it.

Anyone who wants to close their account are welcome.

• personally i am not interested in inter forum spats with any one This thread was made for the support of the OE-A OnDemand plugin my only gripe was the continued false claims made by several users and i simply wanted to correct those. and once again we have never once claimed ownership of any plugin in fact andy has made 10 revisions of the ITV player Today alone which will be pushed to the GIT in due course for users to freely use.

• Cloud cuckoo land if you believe that... Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work it out!

• Getting a bit fed up of this thread - if anyone wants to argue with anyone, there are always private messages.

We like to keep this forum a support forum - that is why we have certain rules - like rule 15.

If anyone needs support for this plugin then you are welcome to open another thread in the hope that it can stay relevant to a support thread.

Closed.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!