OE-Alliance OnDemand Plugin support - Thread Closed

There are 56 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,472 times. The last Post () by musogeek.

• Can you not call the depedencies from the control file itself like the example below.

here are all the dependencies mate, directly from the ViX feeds.

• yes i know buddy.

after you posted the fixes in the 3player file for the straight of the telly,to be used just on the vix image,i edited the fixed file so it could also be used on none vix images.

i was stating that yesterdays fix after the edit worked,but then stopped working and that todays fixes didnt work.

but

it was my mistake as i didnt understand properly how the straight of the telly feature worked,and that after a short time(no idea how long)the programming is no longer available.
    but when i was told to try the very latest news,this worked,so it proved that your fixes also work too.

so

your files are fine,and all is working as it should be.

i wish you had uploaded those a few days ago buddy as it took me a full day to source them off the net myself lol.also because they are mips32el i had to decompile the buggers so i could get them to run on mipsel as well.

not to worry at least its all done now and Ten Bellow has just sent me a pm saying he's succeeded in creating working ipk files,so this plugin should soon be available to all on all images.
    this is how it should be rather than it just working on the vix image alone.

these plugins were not theirs to begin with and the original itvplayer was created over on Satpimps by Subixonfire and we helped and tested to get it working.However Subix forgot to include the py file in the upload to other forums and this was instantly jumped upon at vix and decompiled.it was always intended to be open source and as soon as Subix realised his mistake he posted the source files on the github.

but now vix have packed that plugin and the BBCiplayer plugin ect into just one plugin that only works on vix and claimed the plugin as their own.
    this is why we undertook the task to get this plugin working on all images for all users and not just vix users alone.im not saying that this was ever done to make the plugin only available to vix,but they have made no effort in getting it to work on other images.so we have done this instead for them.

i hope all now enjoy it.

Ian.

• our work is fully open source but too many people are trying to take it closed source again. personally i dont see the point in several groups scrambling over the files to crack them when just asking the devs would result in full disclosure.

we have a full public git that you can use to download all the files and updates at any time.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Ten Bellow has just sent me a pm saying he's succeeded in creating working ipk files,so this plugin should soon be available to all on all images.
    this is how it should be rather than it just working on the vix image.

Ian.

no one has ever tried to keep this as a ViX only plugin, the fact that its built within the OE-Alliance GIT means that any and all teams have access to the files, the reason i posted ViX only was because we had only ever tested it on a ViX image, and we had to build all the dependencies our selves from source. we would far rather work with others to make the plugins as open as possible without needing several teams tripping over them selves to be the first to release it, not to mention several who have tried to claim the work as their own.

• Subixonfire has always been credited as the creator of the ITV player plugin, no one has ever tried to claim otherwise, he was also credited by RogerThis who created the threeplayer and RTE player plugins as the initial source of his work. and to say that the OnDemand plugin is just a package to contain all of these works is very misleading and down-rite wrong.

if your interested in working on this plugin why not work with us rather than just trying to get the plugin out first ??.

• Subixonfire has always been credited as the creator of the ITV player plugin, no one has ever tried to claim otherwise, he was also credited by RogerThis who created the threeplayer and RTE player plugins as the initial source of his work. and to say that the OnDemand plugin is just a package to contain all of these works is very misleading and down-rite wrong.

if your interested in working on this plugin why not work with us rather than just trying to get the plugin out first ??.

and that goes for every one else, the OE-Alliance is a collection of at present 10 teams all working together for the betterment of the satellite scene, it is not some private little club for the ViX team. any single developer or full image team is more than welcome to join us and work with us.

• The problem is stuff was added by vix that is not used anymore so other images could not run it, its also been changed elswhere and is now working on pli images with pythin 2.7. most authors will try and make sure plugins will work on most images, vix even done the same with autobouqets took a package from from somone else called it there own but again would only work on open alliance images, it can be dressed up and called what you like but if it waddles like a duck and quacks like a duck well then it is a duck.

• no dependancies have been specifically created for these on demand players to run in their current form. before the weekend i picked them apart and got them running perfectly on openpli, but by going back as far as python 2.3 for one .py file that was required, that looks to be embedded in vix itself, but is (now considered) old and has been replaced by better versions by python. its these 3 python files, as well as another 2 ipk dependancies, which installing the other 2 ipks will pull from a feed, that gets it all running

nothing specifically created, just not everything actually needed disclosed fully

i have all 5 ipks, and the 3 .py files on a memory stick and can upload later, but, as the ipks for most versions look to be sorted out, it looks like everyones sorted :)

• actually digidude ive just had a message on ***pe this morning and it appears that ten bellows ipk's are still doing the exact same thing as what our first ipk files did in the fact that they are not overwriting any existing files.

here's the message copied and pasted.

latest oe 2.0 ipk in plugin section still wont overwrite on my box,
    Installing enigma2-plugin-extensions-ondemand-oe2.0 (beta1) to root...
    Collected errors:
    * check_data_file_clashes: Package enigma2-plugin-extensions-ondemand-oe2.0 wants to install file /usr/lib/python2.7/markupbase.pyo
    But that file is already provided by package * python-html
    * check_data_file_clashes: Package enigma2-plugin-extensions-ondemand-oe2.0 wants to install file /usr/lib/python2.7/htmlentitydefs.pyo
    * check_data_file_clashes: Package enigma2-plugin-extensions-ondemand-oe2.0 wants to install file /usr/lib/python2.7/HTMLParser.pyo
    * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package enigma2-plugin-extensions-ondemand-oe2.0.
    [08:12:43] mark .: so dont know if its possible for the ipk to delete the 3 files before instalation ?

it appears that from this that the installation is still failing if these or other files already exist on the box.
    this is a concern because these ipk's have now been made public and end users will only slight knowledge will be suffering.

also

ten bellow

i stupidly gave you the wrong threeplayer.py in the last set of files i sent you.
    these files dont have the straight off the telly fix in them,but the earlier set that i sent you do have this fix in them.
    could you address this as well please in your new set of ipk's ?
    if indeed its possible for you to rectify the install problem if files already exist ?

Ian.

ps

digidude,perhaps you can enlighten me as to why the OE Alliance has edited your BBCiplayer file and also the others in their container plugin so they specifically only run on VIX ?

for example the menu box sizing,who on earth uses figures like e-160 these days ?
    i feel this has been specifically written this way to confuse other images and in particular the BH image as theres no way in hell that any BH skin would be able to use these values,and so any attemp results in a gsod.

there are many others too but thats just one off the top of my head

• digidude,perhaps you can enlighten me as to why the OE Alliance has edited your BBCiplayer file and also the others in their container plugin so they specifically only run on VIX ?

No one has specifically edited any thing, if you look at the GIT the author of the RTE player / threeplayer and co author of the BBC iplayer RogerThis is one of the primary developers of this plugin for the OE-Alliance.

for example the menu box sizing,who on earth uses figures like e-160 these days ?
    i feel this has been specifically written this way to confuse other images and in particular the BH image as theres no way in hell that any BH skin would be able to use these values,and so any attemp results in a gsod.

there are many others too but thats just one off the top of my head

This is still a beta project and therefore not finished it has however been skinned to work with the ViX image skins as we build and maintain our own skins, as for specifically confusing BH where does that come from ? because if you look at the BH forum you will see that i posted all the dependencies there too, we actually have a very good working relationship with several of the BH team.

if we wanted to code this plugin specifically for ViX we wouldn't have placed it in a publicly sourced GIT for all to use, it seems to me people are as usual making up their own conclusions again with no basis in fact.

• sadly this seems to be turning into another ViX hating thread where all parties are just making things up with no basis in fact, if thats how you want it then i'll not bother participating in this thread or any other similarly related one again.

• nice one Ten Bellow

are you able to do the same with the OE1.6 version too ?

Pheonix

i take your point and i do except what you are saying,honestly i do,but the fact remains that this plugin has now been edited to run on all images VIX included,so i just dont see why the OE Alliance couldnt have edited it this way themselves in the first place.

this is all im asking.

Ian.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!