sim and bootloader versions

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,327 times. The last Post () by hecha71.

• Hello all. I am trying to figure out what I will need to know when my DB arrives. Plenty of images to choose from for the clone 800SE, but im confused about sim / BL versions and how they relate to the numerous images I see available here.

I assume that the sim is 'hardware' related and that the sim version is just set in stone (unless you replace the sim, maybe). So any image I choose should match my sim version (i.e 2.1.0).. Is that correct? Is this a purely h/w thing or is the firmware on the sum updatable too?

Then, what about the bootloader? Are they ever interchangeable? For example, I see images here for SSL84B -- what if I have SSL 84? Will this work for me, will it break my box, or should I first update the bootloader version?

Any advice/links would be very much appreciated. At the moment, I'm still trying to find my feet in the world of dreambox!:)

Thanks.
    PJ

• Images get updated, so does the bootloader to boot the newer images, if you plan on flashing a newer image, then depending on that image, you may have to flash a later or older bootloader to get it working, all depends on image you decide you want to use.

• hi
    if you flash a newer image the bootloader comes with, so no worry.
    800se clon, there are nearly all of them sim 2.10 loads of images
    this is really important, to know the sim version.
    you can see it when the box starts in the displat window
    as well you should find the sim version if you boot the box and see in information.
    but you will see its most surely 2.10
    but there are ferrari sim and a new sim version around.
    so make sure before
    cheers
    el pirate

by the way, 800se its a very good box (clon as well)

• Many thanks for the info, guys.

So to confirm, my box will come with sim 2.1.0 and SSL 84.

If I understand your comment, the 'later' images come with the bootloader. So flashing those versions will automatically update my bootloader too, right?

My confusion is that when I see images like this one, it's in the sim 2.1.0 section of this forum (so i'm okay there).. but the image mentions 84b (when I have 84). So this does NOT mean that I require 84b before updating to this image, it just means the 84b bootloader is *bundled with* the installer -- is that right?

Sorry if that sounds like a total noob question, but I like to understand things in depth before doing anything. Sometimes maybe too much depth, but I haven't bricked any hardware yet!:)

• hi amigo
    yes you understand, the image are with bootloader.
    make sure you have sim2.10
    the images here on the forum in the 800se clon section are fine.
    i think i tried all of them.
    you know how to flash with webbrowser?
    no need to use dreamup, takes about an hour to flash.
    just keep asking
    cheers
    el pirate

• How update openatv on dm800 bootloader version 84 (2011-09-02)

in no way, the image of ATV 6.4 does not work normally on 800se..change the receiver to a newer model

or put the assemblies open pli

this is the best option for your receiver..

by clicking on the link in the first post, everything you need to put is in the attachment, after expanding the flash memory of the receiver, read the first post and find out everything..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!