Do I need to install smargo drivers on debian 6 server?

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,823 times. The last Post () by JonRDS2484.

• Hi, I have set up a debian 6 linux server with automated CCcam 2.3.0 and have added config file using CS studio. I now need to set up my smargo smart readers but don't know whether I need to install smargo drivers to get them to work. If so can anybody help me out with installing the drivers as I am finding it a bit difficult to understand the tutorials I have read, Thanks.

• smargo should work fine out the box !

you'll need to do dmesg command to find correct path !

Omnikey requires special drivers if i remember correctly not smargo !

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• smargo should work fine out the box !

you'll need to do dmesg command to find correct path !

Omnikey requires special drivers if i remember correctly not smargo !

Thanks mate, when you do dmesg command is that to find out what USB port the smargo smart reader is in so I can put the right number in my config i.e SERIAL READER : /dev/ttyUSB0 smartreader+

Thanks for the help

• smargo works fine in debian no drivers needed..what card are you wanting to read as you need the correct configs putting into cccam.cfg

Sly Uk, do you have a example of the correct config needed, obviously need to put my correct boxkey. This is the one I have in at the moment -

SERIAL READER : /dev/ttyUSB0 smartreader+
    SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/ttyUSB0 6860000
    BOXKEY : /dev/ttyUSB0 ** ** ** **

but I am not getting entitlements only -

card reader /dev/ttyUSB0
    no or unknown card inserted

I have tried the smargo reader in every USB port but still says the same.

Any ideas?

Thanks for you time

• give us the output from dmesg command please

/dev/tty 001:003

the exact config setting will be in te output i'm sure

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• here is the output from dmesg command -

• are you using a USB hub mate _ I cant see what i think should be the address ! Anyone else see it

• you might need to disable the brltty package

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!