Oscam only server? Help please

There are 20 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,802 times. The last Post () by Jeffzapp.

• Hey guys, I am currently running a 32bit Linux unbuntu Oscam/CCcam server. This was my first server and has done a good job, but it is load and runs hot as its a very old and basic machine, I have a 64bit tower that I want to use instead. If I was to run Oscam only (as ecm's are high after broadband change, so getting shut of CCcam if poss) would I need to reconfigure my friends boxs? As they use cccam protocol? Or is there a way I am no aware off? Also is unbuntu the best OS with Oscam only?

• No his box is fine all you have to do is convert all you flines and clines to oscam format I'm not at home or I would of posted you a example but there is something on forum about doing mate.

• Thanks. I am at work at the min also. But always have things going through my head. Want to start setting up the server when I get home. No idea where to start on Oscam only. But will get to searching, not in a rush mind. Will use my old server till new one is ready to plug and play :)

• Ok mate your in the right place for help and support I have only just done my raspberry pi for oscam only, there are guids and tuts on here to setting servers up follow them to the word and you be ok and if you get stuck make a post and someone will help.

• you have in ccamcfg option cccam there set you ex cccam port and in user set your friends user and pwd-s from ex f lines and that`s it.
    simple in web info go in configuration check cccam and setup port , then go to file then check oscam user and setup f line
    it`s same as n line if you are use newcamd

• Wow. You lost me completely there buddy, I got the general idea. So I can use Oscam only on my existing setup? Also do I need to do anything on the receiver itself (already active line in CCCam.cfg) or is it all done on my end?

• still not got my head around this guys. i have dloaded the convertor, 14 f:lines and 2 N:lines (1 nline is the link to oscam yes?... i have 2 locals on oscam, and 2nd N:line is for seteanta and espn......from another guys server traded n: for n:).......... totally lost how to set this up. :-/

• Official Post

Ok its important you dont jump into this without realising what each setting means,i will give you the basics but suggest you read the oscam wiki to go over every setting.

first enable the CCcam protocol, in oscam conf add.

Code
    [cccam]
    port                            = [COLOR=#ff0000]Your CCcam server listen port[/COLOR]
    nodeid                         = [COLOR=#ff0000]You can leave this blank it will be auto filled[/COLOR]
    version                        = 2.1.3 [COLOR=#ff0000]#Version you will show as using to your peers.[/COLOR]
    reshare                        = 1
    ignorereshare               = 0
    stealth                         = 1
    updateinterval               = 120

Still in oscam.conf set

Code
    lb_mode                       = 1

Imo this is the best setting, choosing the wrong option here could result in every single request to your server been sent to all readers generating massive traffic & probably loosing a few peers over the usage levels.

Set your oscam user accounts (oscam.user) like this,

Code
    [account]
    user                          = [COLOR=#ff0000]Username from CCcam fline[/COLOR]
    pwd                           = [COLOR=#ff0000]Pass from CCcam fline[/COLOR]
    hostname                      = [COLOR=#ff0000]Your peers dns here ( this does the same as locking the fline in CCcam)[/COLOR]
    keepalive                     = 1 
    group                         = [COLOR=#ff0000]1 (this is based on your reader groups & what you want peers to access)[/COLOR]
    cccmaxhops                    [COLOR=#ff0000]= 1 (hops of server your peer can access)[/COLOR]
    cccignorereshare              = [COLOR=#ff0000]0 (the reshare value set in oscam.conf is applied)[/COLOR]

Set your proxy readers (oscam.server) like this.

Remember this is only the basics and there are many more settings to consider, hope it helps buddy.

• Thanks ten. Will get my learning head on and read everything over and over until it sinks in. You guys must have a lot of patience to deal with characters like me haha

Having gone over your example above. Things have started to sink in. But I have a lot to learn. On the strength of the help I have received (again) I will be doing another donation to the site, the learning potential here is unbelievable.

True to my word :)

Receipt number:
    4169-8666-9192-6375

Just want to say a thank you to wozbwfc also, your an asset to the forums

• cheers mate i was in same boat as you dont give up keep going your in the best place for support ect deal with one thing at a time to are your head will pop :beated: if you follow the tuts on here make sure you read them proper and follow them to the word and you will be finebeer10

woz

• Official Post

There really was no need mate but it is much appreciated. Thankyou brendanj9554.

• have been doing a bit of reading, i have also used the converter, could somebody have a quick look over the configs. hopefully i am not a million miles off,
    (the third reader is an n:line for setenta and espn. it converted like so... i am guessing i leave the originals intact?)

oscam.server

[reader]
    label = slyuk
    protocol = pcsc
    device = 0
    caid = 0963
    ecmwhitelist = 0963:3E,41,42,44,45,47,4E,4F,5F,53,54,61,62,67,68,69,6A,6B,6C,6D,6F,70,71,72,73,74,76,77,78,79,7A,7C,7D,7E,80,85,8B,82,3B,66
    detect = cd
    mhz = 357
    cardmhz = 357
    ident = 0963:000000
    group = 1
    emmcache = 1,3,2
    blockemm-unknown = 1
    blockemm-g = 1
    saveemm-u = 1
    saveemm-s = 1
    lb_weight = 101

[reader]
    label=127.0.0.1
    enable=1
    protocol=newcamd
    key=0102030405060708091011121314
    device=127.0.0.1,10000
    user=linuxsat
    password=support
    group=1
    inactivitytimeout=1
    reconnecttimeout=30
    lb_weight=100
    cccversion=2.1.2
    cccmaxhops=10
    cccwantemu=1
    ccckeepalive=1

[reader]
    label=*******.redirectme.net
    enable=1
    protocol=newcamd
    key=0102030405060708091011121314
    device=*******.redirectme.net,*****
    user=*****
    password=*****
    group=1
    inactivitytimeout=1
    reconnecttimeout=30
    lb_weight=100
    cccversion=2.1.2
    cccmaxhops=10
    cccwantemu=1
    ccckeepalive=1

oscam.conf

[global]
    nice = -1
    logfile = /dev/null
    clienttimeout = 5000
    fallbacktimeout = 2500
    clientmaxidle = 120
    cachedelay = 120
    bindwait = 120
    resolvedelay = 30
    serialreadertimeout = 1500
    maxlogsize = 10
    waitforcards = 1
    preferlocalcards = 1
    saveinithistory = 1
    keepalive = 1

[webif]
    httpport = *****
    httpuser = *****
    httppwd = *****
    httprefresh = 5
    httphideidleclients = 0
    httpallowed = 192.168.0.0 - 255.255.255.255
    debug = 255

# protocols
    [newcamd]
    key = 0102030405060708091011121314
    port = 10000@0963:000000

[cccam]
    port = *****
    nodeid =
    version = 2.1.3
    reshare = 1
    ignorereshare = 0
    stealth = 1
    updateinterval = 120

lb_mode = 1

oscam.user

[account]
    user=update
    pwd=box
    group=1
    cccmaxhops=5
    cccreshare=0

[account]
    user=mum
    pwd=pass243
    group=1
    cccmaxhops=5
    cccreshare=0

[account]
    user=dave
    pwd=work1
    group=1
    cccmaxhops=5
    cccreshare=0

[account]
    user=button
    pwd=moon
    group=1
    cccmaxhops=5
    cccreshare=0

[account]
    user=paint
    pwd=shop
    group=1
    cccmaxhops=5
    cccreshare=0

[account]
    user=bedroom
    pwd=box
    group=1
    cccmaxhops=5
    cccreshare=0

• Official Post

The one thing that stands out is the hops mate. in your proxy reader you have cccmaxhops=10 you want this to be 2 at the very most (less is better).
    You also have your local card & proxy readers in the same group so change all remote readers to group 2.
    On the oscam.user side again reduce the maxhops to keep the traffic down, maxhops =1 would give them your local & hop1 so try that to start.
    Also set the groups in oscam.user
    group=1 would give your local only
    group=1,2 would give local & remote shares with available reshare

Your on the right track buddy.

• thanks ten, left the users exactly as they were converted, but will change them now. and remote readers? as in the N;line supplyed to me? i have 2 locals running in oscam, (both have different labels however, but same caid)

• Official Post

thanks ten, left the users exactly as they were converted, but will change them now. and remote readers? as in the N;line supplyed to me? i have 2 locals running in oscam, (both have different labels however, but same caid)

If both locals are them same card then assign them the same group & readup on load balancing.

• ok so i am still cracking at this, in oscam.server do i need to keep the top reader? or do i just delete it from my file? the one that links oscam to cccam >

[reader]
    label = 127.0.0.1
    enable = 1
    protocol = newcamd
    key = 0102030405060708091011121314
    device = 127.0.0.1,10000
    user = linuxsat
    password = support
    group = 1
    inactivitytimeout = 1
    reconnecttimeout = 30
    lb_weight = 100
    cccversion = 2.1.2
    cccmaxhops = 2
    cccwantemu = 1
    ccckeepalive = 1

• Sorted guys. Got Oscam running. With CCcam protocol , cache averages at 29% does this sound about right? Gonna update my Oscam build now I think and play with skins and Pickons :)

Many thanks to everyone who has helped :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!