*** box F5 - loss of signal

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 624 times. The last Post () by lutz diagram.

• Hi guys,

I've got a dm800se clone and an f5 connected to 2 of the 4 sockets on my lnb. The f5 suffers from a loss of signal on certain transponders when the dm800se is powered on (anything other than deep standby).

Has anyone else had a similar problem and does anyone have any idea how it may be solved? I'm already considering another dish anyway as I want a motorised one but cant afford it just now.

At this time I'm not aware of any issues with the DM800se hence this initial post in the openbox section. I would also add that the signal cable is just some old stuff I had lying around with some screw-on f connectors and I intend to replace it with some new, quality cable this week (but still with screw-on connectors).

If anyone has any ideas I would be happy to hear them.

Thanks,
    Xwindross

• I would make sure you have a coax grounding block on the coax where it comes into the house and ground to a grounding rod or metal cold water pipe.
    They make dual grounding blocks for setups with 2 coax cables.The shield on the coax has to be earth ground.

• if you have an old pc with serial port as a quickie test you could leave the serial port connected to one of the receivers all the time.This would connect the receiver ground to the pc ground,assuming the pc has a 3 prong power cord.
    To me it seems to be a problem with the 2 prong power cord receivers and using 2 receivers in different rooms.(some people don't have a grounding block on the coax,which is part of the electrical code in many areas)

• Had this problem on several F5s. they seem to have ultra sensitive tuners in them. Some will fail a blinsd scan on a few requencies, and show "no signal" on some channels. Yet put it on anoter LNB or feed from the same LNB and it works fine. Go figure

• M8 openboxes suffered from an issue with lnb switching voltage too high and tou would loose cports channels like *** sports 2 and F1 I posted a fix on here for it of you can get it off flea bay its a diode that you put inline which drops the voltage and works a treat. I had it on three open boxes I did for mates and this cured them look here not saying its deffo the problem but easy to check. http://linuxsat-support.com/op…g-channels.html#post49420

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!