Flashing New Image.

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 677 times. The last Post () by musogeek.

• I'm currently running Vix 2.1.4 and I'm thinking about updating to the latest version is it (OpenViX 3.0-264 ) now the thing is, it's been a while and my current set up is running fine so I'm not sure what benefits I will get.
    Anyway........I would like to keep my current channel list, network settings, tuner configuration, saved satellites and cccam config......I have a backup of 2.1.4 saved on a pen drive and if OpenViX 3.0-264 went pear shaped
    would I be able to reflash my old image ?
    Or would that not be possible because of flashing the Bootloader.
    Just out of interest is there a guide that anyone can recommend or a few "Must Do" points.....And how long should it take ?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

• Wow that is an old Version lol! Currently on Vix 3.0.600 lol but as they say if it ain't broke lol

Perhaps Phoenix can explain the exact differences but i would imagine, speed, ease of use and graphic enhancements are main benefits, plus the ability to use new plugins e.t.c but ill let him comment on that!

You have a backup of the current image so if you do have any problems you should be fine just reflashing this back on.....personally just make a double copy lol and copy you cccam config also, any thing else
    can be added and setup to your needs if it goes wrong.

Now 2 options on the Image

You could use a backup image created by Muso (it has most if not all the goodies attached)
    http://linuxsat-support.com/vu…-duo-backup-musogeek.html

or just download the latest version with no extras from Forum Gateway - Powered by DnP Firewall and flash this onto you box.

It may be worth just doing a settings backup also from vix menu (this will backup settings and plugins) as you may be able to run this when the new version of image is loaded (not 100% if it will work from your old version to the new one though)

Either way make the backups, get it installed and post back any problems, Plugins and Settings are just a case of install and setup......(settings wise if your not sure i just take a pic on me phone then use that to reset them up if neeeded)

Have Fun.....you shouldn't be disappointed with the New Vix!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Should be ok to revert back, but you shouldn't have a problem, back up any CCcam/oscam etc configs, and reflash to the latest version of ViX - don't back up your settings from the old version and try to apply to the new as it will break things!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!