Must have been asked a million times -- series link!?

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,312 times. The last Post () by wezlyons.

• I'm at a loss to understand why the talented developers out there aren't providing 'series link' functionality. All the data you could want is there (cross epg works a treat).. so why cant a match be carried out on the program description? What's the fascination with timers... that's so 80s .. Anyone know why this is? Am I gonna have to roll my sleaves up ;)

• I would presume there is a lot more work that goes into it then that, also i would imagine the way things are repeated may be another issue....failing that not a need lol

I find the timer functions work fine (on Vix).....select a Program from your EPG guide....add autotimer you will then be hit with options for that program title!

So a bit of double checking through them and your sorted!

Just enable/disable accordingly....bear in mind this will grab anything with that title so for example.....eastenders i will select everyday and between 19:00 and 20:30 so it doesn't grab all the repeats!

Works a treat for kids programs e.t.c! bit of a fiddle but only takes a few extra remote buttons lol

Keep ya HDD clear and your EPG up to date and all cushty!

Next you will want VOD :snicker:

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• But I don't want to watch eastenders... will it work for other programs? (kidding).

i've just been reading a bit more, and you are right.. auto timer has name matching functionality too.. that plugin name could have been a little more self descriptive and on the other hand, i could have read up on it a little more... let's call it one each. I'll give it a try and find something else to rant about.

Out of curiosity, i'm thinking about getting a multi tuner device... Do you know if auto timer will be able to figure out that there are enough tuners to record two things at once in that case -- anyone tried that at all?

• Official Post

I'm at a loss to understand why the talented developers out there aren't providing 'series link' functionality. All the data you could want is there (cross epg works a treat).. so why cant a match be carried out on the program description? What's the fascination with timers... that's so 80s .. Anyone know why this is? Am I gonna have to roll my sleaves up ;)

We all cried out for decent epg & bbci player ect for years mate, with open source development we are now getting more than ever, just be patient.

• But I don't want to watch eastenders... will it work for other programs? (kidding).

i've just been reading a bit more, and you are right.. auto timer has name matching functionality too.. that plugin name could have been a little more self descriptive and on the other hand, i could have read up on it a little more... let's call it one each. I'll give it a try and find something else to rant about.

Out of curiosity, i'm thinking about getting a multi tuner device... Do you know if auto timer will be able to figure out that there are enough tuners to record two things at once in that case -- anyone tried that at all?

Yes it does.
    Best way I've found is, once you've set all the defaults in the setup. IS to add an autotimer, then use the menu button (rather than 'add'). Works a treat - also multiple tuners on the solo2 working for sure.

• AutoTimer imo works better than series link, as you can select various flags and options, limit the amount of recordings for each entry, choose the time and channel range etc etc - If you use the ViX image, each entry can be set up with a long green button press from the EPG. I have raved about this function for ages, I am surprised you haven't noticed:lol:

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• To be honest i very rarely watch live TV any longer, almost every thing i watch is preset recordings setup using Auto timers or content via the OE-Alliance OnDemand player 4OD plugin.

I have auto timers i set well over 18 months ago for DR WHO and other such programs which automatically kick in when ever the new series starts, and the good thing is, when you change to a new Enigma 2 receiver you can take the entire set of autotimers with you by copying the timers and autotimers.xml files from one receiver to another.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• cheers guys.. FRom cool epg when i get the option of 'timer' (green) - is that the one, or is this some other plugin... and if so, is there a clone friendly download available? thx.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!