possible new vu?

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 628 times. The last Post () by stevejo.

• hi all, my dad has asked me to recommend a new hd sat receiver to him he has been using my old dm 500s but after the old sony tv packing up this week he has just ordered his new 42inch panasonic smart tv and wants to upgrade the sat receiver as well. Iv been looking at the vu range on the forum sponsors page . so heres what he would like the new box to do

1 record one watch one at the same time
    2 user friendly for the above facility
    3 good epg
    4 good hd image Quality
    5 best image vix or black hole ?
    6 can we use a 4 way disecq switch on one tuner with a straight connection to the standard sly dish on tuner 2 ?

your views would be much appreciated

• Solo2 small fast and snazzy
    Vix IMO
    Vix with their epg IMO
    Vix IMO
    Vix iMO although Latest BH turned a few heads
    aint got the foggiest someone with a bit more sat exp should clear it up though!

In short solo2 probably one of best boxes out at moment! Techno mate seem nice though! Solo2 has twin tuners and 2.5 HDD space so that will sort you spec wise! Image and functionality I would start at Vix seems the best for user experience and ease of use! When he finds his feet you could expose him to the Blackhole lolol

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• solo 2 is a little expensive, i would recommend the vu+duo, or the vu+uno to which you can add an addtional tuner..ideally you need a twin tuner to record one channel and watch another...if you wanna spend a lot of money there is the vu+ultimo triple tuners...or wait for the vu+duo2...to be honest ive never bought anything other then vu boxes..

• for the £40/£50 (depending on where you go lol) difference the solo2 is worth is bud.....better spec, Faster, Smaller and twin tuners

bugger me sound like i work for Vu and Vix :snicker:

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• ok guys looks like the solo2 looking good will see what a few more peeps say thanks so far is it easy it flick between tuners ? also in the epg when deciding to watch one and record one is this easly chosen?

• If you do go for the solo2 buddy you won't be disappointed, well worth the money if it's within your budget.

If you decide to go with Vix on it then yes is the answer to your question, very user friendy indeed.

beer10

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!