dm500s wont flash through null modem cable

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,200 times. The last Post () by annie12.

• hi lads a friends box froze this morning and wouldent start up again ive tried three different pc's to flash it using dreambox control centre using a null modem cable when i connect it uo and power on the box nothing happens it wont even say what type off box it is ive changed the power pack that i use in my one box so its not the power pack changed null modem cable still the same no repesponce cant tellnet into the box as its not seeing internet connection to get the ip address off the box anyone no off anything else i can do to get it working thanks lads

• Hey,

You said you used DCC. Have you tried dream Up instead ?

I also have a box that can't be flashed. Even with dreamup, when you startup the DM you should get a message saying Box DM500 detected or something like that. The image thats on the DM still works, but it cant be re-flashed.

I did read somewhere that you can use a JTAG to recover some dreamboxes, but not sure if the DM500 is one of them

• You didn't have Gemini on it did you? More precise was it a Gemini version released after Gemini 4.30?

If thats the case the bootloader may have been damaged by the firmware if its a clone box and the only way of fixing it is by jtagging it which is not easy unless you know what your doing. If memory serves me i think you would also need to get the soldering iron out on the DM500 to connect the jtag cable.

Nano

• it was a nabilosat images on it im useing a serail port null modem cable ive tried different types of dreamup older ones and new ones still the same green light solid its not even saying its a dm500s just sayin power on now ive opened the box to see if there are any dry joints are if the caps have blowning but every thing seems fine on the motherboard had a spare serail port off another dm500s but the connection that connects too the motherboard is different 1 has a ten pin header the other 1 is just a three pin header to connect to the mother board think its time he bought a new box thanks lads for replying

• I would say your box is knackered by the sounds of it. May be just the excuse you need to buy a nice new and shiny E2 box :haha:

• ried a new nnull modem cale still the same alsoi know its not the null modem cable as i flashed my own dm 500s ti flashe no problem think the box has just had its time lol thanks lads

• Try swapping the Power supply out with another one. The PSU is usually the first thing to go on these boxes.

Nano

• hi all i have the same problem with my box im getting a green light but my pc wont recognize it iv got another dm 500s here an i have no problems wit it iv tried everything still cant get the f***er to work any ideas ? any info would be appreciated thanks in advance ....

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!