best image for vu+ solo2

There are 23 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 28,622 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• Hello bud,

I think you should try them both on your solo2, these images are both equally as good as each other.

In the end it's only really your opinion that counts because it's your box, so choose the one that you like best.

beer10

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• I have tested both i like the user friendly interface of VTi cause in BH everything seems more difficult to do. Is there anything that BH does that Vti doesnt?

thanks

• you will be surprised at just how good some of the lesser known images are.

I would agree with that, too many people are hung up with the big 3, BH, ViX, Pli and tend to forget that there are literally dozens of other images out there.

i had a good play around with 10 or so images the other day on mu uno while testing the OE-A OnDemand plugin on them and i was very pleased with some of the images on offer. such as italysat, AAF, Sif and a few others ( most of which are OE-Alliance members ). now dont Get me wrong you could cut me open and you will see ViX running rite through me like a stick of rock but it's always nice to have a choice and the choice at hand is very nice indeed.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• With a new box, do I need to set things up (Hookup LAN, setup Satellites as I have a motorised system) before flashing with one of the mentioned images or vice versa?

Thanks

• I'm planning to follow the steps below to install a new box. Please let me know of this is correct and/or improve on the steps. Many thanks

1. Box Installation
    - Connect Power
    - Connect Ethernet cable to box from router
    - Switch on and go through the initial setup (ie language, date/time, etc)

2. Network
    - Go through Network wizard to connect the box to the internet

3. Setup Motorised Dish
    - Configure LON, LAT based on your location

4. Channels
    - Scan satelittes for channels
    - Test a FTA channel to make sure it's working

5. Installing Image

• Or just flash a great backup from our backup section with all the bits you need

Failing that if you Install a clean basic image the setup wizard will run you through most described!

once wizard complete > install channel list > Install Cams > add lines > setup EPG > watch TV

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Or just flash a great backup from our backup section with all the bits you need

Failing that if you Install a clean basic image the setup wizard will run you through most described!

once wizard complete > install channel list > Install Cams > add lines > setup EPG > watch TV

So basically, if I get a brand new box, hookup power, ethernet then insert a USB stick with an image, the box will flash with the new image, then goes through the setup wizzard, right?

• Kinda lol

You have 2 options for your box!

Install a Fresh Image
    BY fresh i mean just the branded image....no plugins, cams e.t.c (ideal to start with and add what you like if your confident in doing so)
    Fresh Image will give you Setup Wizard (but no plugins, cams, epg or channel lists....all this you will have to add yourself, easy enough with help on hand)

Install a backup image
    Guys on the Forum create backup images - Images preinstalled with goodies so the USER can just download and flash to there box with minimal setup!
    Backup Image will setup box based on backup image (all you should have to do is add your line and perhaps adjust TV settings)

Have a look in the backup section below
    Forum Gateway - Powered by DnP Firewall

Most add screenshots of how things look so pick an image and start from there!

Unlike a PC lol.....they flash pretty quickly so if you don't like one type of image you can change in a FLASH lol to another one!

Most recommend Vix for New Starters, and you won't go wrong with that to start

for flashing solo2 look at this video
    http://linuxsat-support.com/vu…lo2-any-other-vu-lol.html

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!