server works until 4am

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 746 times. The last Post () by rangers19873.

• Hi,

Have been on the forums and still can't get this to work. I am having an absolute nightmare.

When the Oscam reboots at 4am it does not recognise readers any longer and sometimes this can be sorted by rebooting several times but today have rebooted 30 times and still not working. When I list card readers it sometimes find 1, 2 or even zero. A copy of log below. I am reaching out to an experienced member as I am at the end of my tether lol. Thanks

• Maybe an idea to post oscam configs - also if it happens after reboot and going by logs it could be that the readers are not being assigned to the right ports - have a look here
    http://linuxsat-support.com/li…c-usb-port.html#post27857

the above was for smargo but should apply to the omnikey as well

Have followed that tut mate, readers 52? Didn't make a difference to me. TBF they always come up the same ports. Thanks mate

• Just remove the offending scripts & the lines which run them in /etc/rc.local. I have noticed myself that these kind of scripts cause problems on the latest linux versions. Imo they are unecessary & from experience can say that your server will run for weeks on end without them.

Ten, sorry mate but what lines would I remove? Ill post up what I have#!/bin/sh -e
    #
    # rc.local
    #
    # This script is executed at the end of each multiuser runlevel.
    # Make sure that the script will "exit 0" on success or any other
    # value on error.
    #
    # In order to enable or disable this script just change the execution
    # bits.
    #
    # By default this script does nothing.
    sleep 30
    /usr/local/bin/CCcam.x86_64
    /usr/local/bin/oscam -b
    exit 0

• Just well I am waiting on a reply do you think it could be anything to do with nano /etc/opensc/opensc.conf ? in this I have provider_library = /lib/libpcsclite.so.1 as directed to do in 1 of the tuts. When I look at my directory and go into /lib/ there is no /lib/libpcsclite.so.1 could this be the problem? Further when I was looking at /etc/rc.local as per Ten I noticed a file called reader.conf.d so had a look in there and it says

# Gemalto reader with serial communication
    # - n is the serial port to use n in [0..3]
    # - reader is the reader name. It is needed for multi-slot readers.
    # Possible reader values are: GemPCPinPad, GemCorePOSPro, GemCoreSIMPro,
    # GemPCTwin (default value)
    # example: /dev/ttyS0:GemPCPinPad
    #FRIENDLYNAME "GemPCTwin serial"
    #DEVICENAME /dev/ttySn[:reader]
    #LIBPATH /usr/lib/pcsc/drivers/serial/libccidtwin.so
    #CHANNELID n

This made me have a look at /usr/lib and I can see files libopensc.so, libopensc.so.3, libopensc.so.3.0.0 but there is no libpcsclite?

Do you reckon this is the cause?

• Official Post

My mistake buddy, the file you need to edit is etc/crontab.

• Thanks Ten,

What do you think about the pcsclite?

Sorry don't know much about scripts, as below what would you be recommending I remove?

# /etc/crontab: system-wide crontab
    # Unlike any other crontab you don't have to run the `crontab'
    # command to install the new version when you edit this file
    # and files in /etc/cron.d. These files also have username fields,
    # that none of the other crontabs do.

SHELL=/bin/sh
    PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin

# m h dom mon dow user command
    17 * * * * root cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly
    25 6 * * * root test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.daily )
    47 6 * * 7 root test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.weekly )
    52 6 1 * * root test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.monthly )
    #
    56 03 * * * root killall CCcam.x86_64
    56 03 * * * root killall oscam
    57 03 * * * root /var/script/configupdate.sh >> /var/cccamlog/configupdate.log
    58 03 * * * root /var/script/keyupdater.sh
    59 03 * * * root /usr/local/bin/CCcam.x86_64
    59 03 * * * root /usr/local/bin/oscam -b
    */5 * * * * root /var/script/CCcamCheck.sh
    */5 * * * * root /var/script/OscamCheck.sh
    03 04 * * 6 root /var/script/LogCleanUp.sh >> /var/cccamlog/CleanUp.log

Many thanks

• Official Post

Hash out or remove these lines & see how it goes from there buddy.

Code
    56 03 * * * root killall CCcam.x86_64
    56 03 * * * root killall oscam
    57 03 * * * root /var/script/configupdate.sh >> /var/cccamlog/configupdate.log
    58 03 * * * root /var/script/keyupdater.sh
    59 03 * * * root /usr/local/bin/CCcam.x86_64
    59 03 * * * root /usr/local/bin/oscam -b
    */5 * * * * root /var/script/CCcamCheck.sh
    */5 * * * * root /var/script/OscamCheck.sh
  • Ok mate I will try that. Would you recommend doing a manual reboot every once in a while. I am still thinking this will work but aint finding what the problem is. If i were to add new user etc then Oscam needs restarted then I am back to rebooting 20 times hoping it will come back on lol

• in crontab put only
    00 4 * * * root /sbin/reboot (time is on you)
    in rc.local put

/usr/local/bin/oscam -b -c /usr/local/etc&

and for reader rule

put rule file in etc/udev/rules.d/52_reader.rules (not like in tut where is etc/udev/52_reader.rules)

and yours problems is off

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!