Unable to connect with any android app

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,881 times. The last Post () by musogeek.

• I've been using vu player for a while now and it's been great until the last couple of days I keep getting the message 'unable to connect to your receiver'. I can connect no problem through internet explorer on my phone and pc but every android app I've tried won't access my box. I've checked the ip the port numbers and the passwords all are correct but no success. My Mrs had the same app on her phone and hers stopped working too so I'm assuming the problem is with the duo rather than the app or phones. I'm wondering if one of the updates could of affected something? Any ideas anyone?:confused:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk

• more info is required such as what image was on the receiver the last time it worked and what is there now ( simply asking as you mentioned updates so i presume you meant image updates ).

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Yes sorry I'm using vix.It worked with build 600 I'm now on 632 I did do a restore to 600 but it's made no difference I'm not even sure it's related but I've tried everything I can think of

• Dreamdroid exactly the same mate. I just get connection error as if it can't talk to my receiver. Pulling my hair out because I can connect perfectly through a webpage. I even reflashed the latest vix image but it's made no difference

• hi - can you access your receiver webinterface on your pc? - also when you go to to your plugins menu, is the Openwebif icon there? - If it is, check it is enabled, and the port is on 80 - streaming port is 8001 - so ensure this is all correct on your android apps as well. If you turn on http anthentication then you also need your receiver username and password. Ensure that the apps are up to date, and also ensure that your device is connecting to your own LAN and not another wireless (neighbour's) point or mobile network.

I am getting the message on the Vu+ app that it isn't connecting, but I am getting the bouquets and it is streaming ok. I recently for some reason also had to select an option to allow streaming from outside the network on the dreamdroid app I think it was, but they are both working fine here.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Ok reset all the settings and reset the router I can now get into the receiver with the app but I still get the message cannot connect etc although it then gives me the bouquets and will stream. Strange thing is it doesn't always work very weird :confused:
    However if you are also receiving the same message I know I'm not alone. The other thing is it's not showing the channel that is currently being viewed like it used to :rolleyes:

• Something very weird here. Dreamdroid will now show the bouquets and stream but in the bottom right hand corner it says 'connection error' but it's obviously connected :confused:

• I have the same issue.

The Vu Player app always says "unable to connect to your receiver" yet I can still use all the features.
    The only difference is it no longer tells me what channel is currently being watched on the box itself.

• I think there have been changes to open webif. I noticed when I updated to openvix 3.0.632 every app I tried (xbmc, dream droid, vu+ player) all failed to connect. I rolled back to 3.0.629 and all is fine.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

• I think there have been changes to open webif. I noticed when I updated to openvix 3.0.632 every app I tried (xbmc, dream droid, vu+ player) all failed to connect. I rolled back to 3.0.629 and all is fine.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

That would make sense because it was perfect before I even had the dynamic dns set up to set recordings etc remotely. I think I'll try going back to 627 and trying again :thumbup:

• Confirmed just flashed 627 and it's all working perfectly again. No error messages.

• I was having the exact same problem with vu+ player and my solo2 running vix 3.0 632. It would say cannot connect, but it actually would connect.
    Maybe an idea to try install the older version of openWebif?

• I was having the exact same problem with vu+ player and my solo2 running vix 3.0 632. It would say cannot connect, but it actually would connect.
    Maybe an idea to try install the older version of openWebif?

bokkie I rolled back to build 627 and it had been working perfectly for 2 days :thumbup:

• sorry to bump an old threat but i'm having the same issues. Not sure what Vix image i'm on currently but does anyone know if it's fixed in the latest 750 build?

• sorry to bump an old threat but i'm having the same issues. Not sure what Vix image i'm on currently but does anyone know if it's fixed in the latest 750 build?

probably was best to post a new thread with more detail about your issue, as it could be unrelated. If a thread dies it is often because the issue is not there anymore - and most importantly, your first post needs to be here
    Introductions
    :scarf:

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!