Green Screen using DVI

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,625 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Hi All
    I got a new DM800 today (clone) it had Gemini5 already installed, when i connect it to the tv with the dvi to hdmi cable i get a green screen, i can see the menus faintly, if i connect with a scart cable i get picture. Ive took a look in settings when connected with scart and see setting the output to dvi etc but still get a green screen when i reboot with just the dvi cable connected.
    Any ideas?

110cm Triax Dish multi arm 13,16,19, 23, 28 east fixed 90cm thor

• Hi m8,
    you have probably done this already :-

1) Make sure the cable is fully inserted to back of dm800
    2) Try another HDMI port on tv (ideally another TV or try a monitor)
    3) I am assuming you have chosen different setings on dvi, 720 etc and pressed the green button.

BTW I setup a spiderbox for someone the other week, they could not see it on TV, it was down to setting on TV and it tried to auto connect or something, turned it off (the auto setting on the TV) and picture worked fine.

I should have gone for stamp collecting, it would have been cheaper....

• Had a similar issue with a dm500 before, it was like a green overlay on the screen. Take a look in set up, your looking for something like colour format, I had to toggle between cvbs/rgb and something else, worth a try.

• Thanks guys
    Ive tried every setting i can find with no joy, only now i dont get any ouput at all through the dvi to hdmi. Its either a bad cable (i dont have another to try) or the dvi port is fecked.

110cm Triax Dish multi arm 13,16,19, 23, 28 east fixed 90cm thor

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!