Dummies guide Help setting up new VU Duo please

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,340 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• I just bought my new VU+ Duo for two weeks now but struggling to get it to work, I have tried to follow How to set up your new VU+ Duo with VIX, but I'm stuck on the following:

1. Loading a bouquet, can't connect my PC with my box using DBE as it says the username or password is incorrect, as I have the new VIX image, can I just download channel list using any plug ins?

2. How can I set up my EPG guide to get my 7 day EPG guide on all channels?

3. Which is best way to scan my channels, automatic or manual?

4. Finally to set up my c line server in my box?

Please help so I can start using my box.

Many thanks in advance.

• Dont worry bud....happens to the all of us a one time lol!

Just keep a clear head and try not to complicate things all will be sorted!

You have 2 options!

1st and easiest is to use a Backup Images done my one of the Staff! The lastest one for Vix is a MusoGeek special and the link is below
    http://linuxsat-support.com/vu…-duo-backup-musogeek.html

That will have most/all of what you need setup already so you will just need to add you line to Cccam.cfg file and ftp it to /etc

Failing that from where you are at the moment your best to do the following

1: to connect to your box you will need the username and password normally root and dreambox (although Linuxsat-Support ones will tell you at the bottom of the image details)
    Adding a channel list to your box will give you all the bouquets you need....i have attached Catseye this will give you all sat details as opposed to just sly UK
    You can use dreamboxedit to delete which ones you want - Connect via IP or receiver and using port, user and password - retrieve from box _ edit/delete - send to box

2: From vix Menus you will need to setup EPG - 1st to where it will store (usb or Hdd best) then which settings (for slyuk opentc 28.2) and then if you wish to update daily e.t.c

3: With the Channel lists and keeping these up to date no need to scan

4: You c line will need to be put in a Cccam.cfg file and then ftp to /etc location on your receiver

Go through all that step by step and post back any problems!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• TBH i would leave TSPANEL alone if you plan to use latest build....especially VIX as there are issues!

Everything can be found on the forum, all you need is the .ipk file and you ftp this to /tmp location on your box!

From your box then install local extensions (Menu > Vix > Install Local > select the file and ok

The ipk file i provided should be what you need buddy

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

I can't find autobouquet

If you have installed a VIX image then you will find it in menu-setup -service searching -AUTOBOUQUETSMAKER
    pay heed to MRgMX´s suggestions and you won´t go far wrong until you get to grips with everything...

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!