How to make Openbox S9 HD work as a server

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 14,423 times. The last Post () by clivesmith.

• It couldnt be easier.

1. Press "Menu"
    2. Scroll down to "Network Local Setting"
    3. Press "OK" on remote
    4. Arrow right to "Newcamd Server Settings"
    5. Press "OK" on remote
    6. Enter newcamd server parameter
    7. Server setting -ON-
    8. TCP Port -eg. 13000- this MUST be forwarded in your router
    9. Des Key 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 (Can be change to your own)
    10. Add USER in Newcamd server User manager with green button on remote
    11. Add username PASSWORD "Allow emm YES"
    12. Press yellow to save the configuration .

Now box is setup for server with 1 client and a reboot is always a good idea .

In the Client box with CCcam its the N: line to use for acces the server eg
    N: server_ip_or_dns 13000 USER PASSWORD 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 256

Any information provided on this site is not guaranteed in any way. Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• DESKEY : 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 think thats how it is put in m8 give that a try?

Any information provided on this site is not guaranteed in any way. Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• Do you have to have local card for this to work?

Thanks in advance
    Madasafish

Openbox S9, Firmware version HDS2_SCMT_20110315.abs, No local cards, Fixed Dish pointing to 28.2, Location - the smoke.

• No you can't the scumbags do not allow reshare...

Payservers are not tolerated here!

Any payserver or anyone supporting them will suffer consequences...

There is no need to fund these criminals...

It is very easy and more effective to set up your own shares...

• Hi I'm new to Openbox but if you can reshare if you have more than one Open box what is the purpose of becoming a server, can you please give me an example please.

• I have the openbox s9 for a week now and want to serve my card to family....Can i just use the openbox s9 as my own server or do i need other hardware and sofware on pc..Such as card reader

• You can use your s9/10 as server with out any additional hardware, follow the excellent instructions on the first thread.

• Sorry to bump an old thread, I have at the moment 2 openbox s10 both using wireless bridges one as a server one as a local share when I switch the server box on the second local box loses newcamd from the openbox server, is this normal or is there something wrong with my setup, after 30 sec to a minute the local box then reconnects to the server box. Thanks Darren

• Hi,
    I have a DB 500s which I would like to upgrade to HD - hence an Openbox.

However, I have 10 good clients and servers which I share with using CCCam..

Can the Openbox be used with CCCam yet or is this likely to be impossible?

Driver8

• i've done all the above, the client can see me online and when he connects nothing happens.

am i doing something wrong?

• this sound good ill give it a trying tonight i hope it works

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!