card update

There are 74 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 10,544 times. The last Post () by wadey1457.

• Just my 4penneth. Saw this on another forum. Cant post a link due to rules but I have pasted one comment that is interesting. It seems you can revive the card but need specific boxes....

Hi all, I have no access to the site, Im still waiting on the new ip fully propagating, having to use a proxy here.

@ simon, I got sorted last night, CapNCook had an old box and kindly gave me the serial and version #, put the card back in my vu+ultimo and paired the card to the new details,.. everything came back on immediately , So just for the record, if you have got stung by recent *** firmware upgrade and your card is no longer usable for premium content in you linux receiver getting the card pair to a thompson HD box will get it working again (More than likely this will be the same case for all SD boxes and possibly other HD boxes that are not running the latest firmware. (if anyone knows the firmware versions that will lock the card post below, .. the one that locked mine was 4f31d6. I`m also thinking it may be possible to spoof your firmware version to *** if you are locked to this and get the card activated in your dreambox etc (I cannot be 100% sure of this as I have not tested myself, but might be worth a try if your stuck), If you disconnect your *** box from phone line and LAN and try pairing by saying you have an older firmware it may work, If *** already knows that box is on the latest firmware you can forget it though.... If its not yet on it disconnect it from phone/interent and disconnect the fplugs.. even better unplug it and put it in the loft ...

Think the biggest note to make here is DO NOT RETURN YOUR CARD TO THE OFFICIAL RECEIVER, UPDATE USING CCCAM OR OSCAM IN YOUR LINUX BOX !!!!

• I appreciate that you are trying to help, but to be honest the activation page is something that needs to be kept low key, pasting the URL for it is just going to close it up quicker, plus all your doing is helping Payservers by making this public knowledge, This is why i have removed the info.

Nano

• I had my card out of the official box for a few weeks and it stopped working.
    Because my Oscam was not configured properly I was unable to update the entitlements and therefore had to register my card with the official box by entering the Viewing Card Number, Version Number and Serial Number on-line.
    Have I now made this card tied to the official box for good or do I have to wait or do something clever to make it work in, say, an Amiko Alien 2?
    Otherwise I'm just wasting my time trying to get it to work!?
    Cheers

• Official Post

My dates don't matter lads, more & more posting this every day all around when your boxes time is up sly will send an emm & you will have no choice to update in the original box regardless of what entitlements show now or flag yourself by pairing to an older model which they must me logging. Let it go folks its not like we can no longer watch 3pms, movies in English or those who like their :wank: will be without. C/S was never going to last forever just enjoy whats left while you can.
    :tenb:

• wounder how many old sd boxes are out there? got to be in the millions.going to cost em a lot of money.bet that's why the put the price up from next month

i wouldnt think there are a hell of a lot now that are active hd boxes have been on the go for a while now , they have even been cold calling doors up here to swap folk over free new hd box and wifi adapter ,no new contract either so what excuse will anyone have not to upgrade even without an hd tv they are fitted with scart ,most people will jump at it just to remove the drive and fit it in a pc if they have no intention of keeping it

• Official Post

I think people are seriously under estimating just how many are connected to payservers now, nobody can say how much but i think it safe to say if only 1 in every 20 (thats putting it very mildly) of them subscribed to sly when it cannot be shared anymore they are losing nothing and will be better off stopping it now. Read some of the sharing forums to see them boasting just how many happy users they have connected to their cache. C/S got smarter to the point where they had to act so soon its gone for this package and the providers left will follow.

• Have to agree with Ten on this one. I think its only a matter of time before more and more providers go black screen on CS.

I would say we have only got about 5 years max before its all over. Its been good whilst it lasted, but as with most good things, they never last.

Nano

Have to agree with Ten on this one. I think its only a matter of time before more and more providers go black screen on CS.

I would say we have only got about 5 years max before its all over. Its been good whilst it lasted, but as with most good things, they never last.

Nano

Im not too sure about "5 years max before its all over" nano, I think In 5 years this hardware pairing will be old news and fully exploited and we will see all the sat providers moving on to newer security measures or IPTV. All these supposedly crack/hack proof systems are eventually compromised and I would think card pairing will be no different. It looks doom & gloom now, but that's always the way with new systems, they look uncrackable until they are cracked. That being said, we will see providers dropping off CS by the new time over the next year or so..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!