What box ??

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 633 times. The last Post () by stevejo.

• Hi Everyone,

Firstly I hope I am posting in the correct forum.
    I am looking for a box that will allow me to record two channels while watching another channel.
    Would like it to have internal HDD option, HD, an EPG that allows you to record program's say a week or two in advance, and any other options that are needed.
    Thanks for reading.
    a1al

Ps. Do all boxes come with firmware installed, and if not which is best.?

• Have a look for a VU Ultimo.

• I am looking for a box that will allow me to record two channels while watching another channel.

So you will need 3 tuners - Ultimo as suggested would be best option....or solo2 with an external tuner (that way you will have the latest machine)

Would like it to have internal HDD option, HD, an EPG that allows you to record program's say a week or two in advance, and any other options that are needed.

Solo2 and Ultimo will take HDD (solo2 2.5 though) EPG (just make sure it setup and up to date) e.t.c dependant on Image....i would advise Vix to start with as its one of the easiest to use, function wise and on the eye also!

Ps. Do all boxes come with firmware installed, and if not which is best.?

If you buy from a reputable seller they should install and image of your choice - Normally Vu Original, BlackHole, Vix

Failing that its simple and we can guide you through it using images on the forum

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Hi mrgmx,
    What way does an external tuner work, and can it be a satellite tuner?
    Am I right in thinking it will need a separate feed from the dish?
    Thanks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!