Signal

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,456 times. The last Post () by todali.

• Hi guys!

I have a Triax Td78 dish on a motor with a MTI STANDARD SKY Quad LNB will this setup pick up Seasat 16east in N,Ireland or will i have to go for a bigger dish?

If i changed my lnb to a Triax ,will this make much difference all round, If say i didn't bother with 16 east??

Cheers!

• I think your beyond the dish limits for 16east on a TD78 for all but the strongest TPs in NI

The TD78 as you will know is round, where as the SKY LNB is designed for a dish wider than it is tall.

Changing the LNB should show noticeably improvements across all satellites on your system.

T90...DM7020 ..PLI OPEN beta...TM800 HD....TM600

• 16e is known to be weak and to have problems, and the satellite is being replaced.
    I can't remember the due date, but it was meant to be replaced earlier this year but they lost the new satellite in space!

• There's a thread somewhere about best LNB.
    I can't remember what the recommendation was but I'll be digging it out soon to get a new one myself.

• The trouble with the LNB`s is the makers claim all sorts of figures for NOISE. 0.1db etc.

What you have to remember is these figures are optimal figures, and may not be across the whole frequency range.

Most universal LNB`s will on any dish and give good results across the whole frequency range regardless of claimed noise figures.

SKY LNB`s should only be used on SKYDishes, weather that be a Zone 1 or 2

The quality of LNB only really becomes important when trying to see a bird on the limit of the foot print.

So for the UK, birds like 26E and 7W will require something a little special.

INVACOM 0.3db C120 flange for example. These will out perform a 0.1db Technomate when matched with the correct feedhorn for the dish

But for a strong satellite eg 13E an Invacom would be an expensive waste giving no advantage over a cheap unit.

T90...DM7020 ..PLI OPEN beta...TM800 HD....TM600

• As mentioned before the Inverto Black Ultra seems to be the best performer at the moment, with one of the highest gains on the market.

Always look at gain rather than the noise figure as these can be quite misleading.

• I have found the Supreme Line Lnbs to be very good, you Probably need to go to at least 85cm in N.Ireland for 16e in my experience with good Lnb for decent performance.

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!