No internet connection

There are 22 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,608 times. The last Post () by budley.

• Hi alll, recently I have been having a lot of trouble with my box freezing on me. I have a VU+Solo2 and am running the latest vix image. It always seems to happen when I am watching the sport channels, but not only them, it can happen on any channel. It has been off now for a day, I have rebooted several times and checked all is how it should be. Now my internet seems to be acting the buck lately too, it will disconnect for a couple of seconds and then reconnect again. Could that be something to do with it? I have also discovered that when I try to connect to the DCC I get a red line to the box, it shows an error: Error 10057 in function send socket is not connected. When I do my network test it comes as IP Address and Name server unconfirmed.

• are you trying to ping it from the pc with command prompt with the boxes ip address or as samba dnla device , id try ping it first and take it from there your box should also show on your router as a connected device im assuming this is wired and not wireless ?

• Now my internet seems to be acting the buck lately too, it will disconnect for a couple of seconds and then reconnect again

my router was replaced to stop this I had same problem with internet the router was knakerd

RESPECT OTHER PEER, PUT ALWAYS A FTA CHANNEL WHEN YOU DON'T WATCH TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1438883374.png

• try a cable and see if the issue continues to happen , firstly wireless can be iffy if there is a lot of other routers about and wireless devices might be a new one as of your troubles started , you could try a different channel first , but the cable will tell you if its your router and give you a definite answer to your troubles

• If you are on wireless, and it has only started to go wrong, there could be an issue with the wireless channel, causing interference and packet loss. There are some free apps you can use to analyse the wireless channels your neighbours use, so then you could go in to your router and choose a channel that none of your neighbours are using. This may or may not improve things - depends if this is the issue - but best to rule it out!

I use metageek inSSIDer - it is a free app.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• I dont have a cable long enough to connect to the box. I have downloaded and run the app and it tells me i am using channel 6 which a few others seem to be on too. Now i must say this is getting into areas i know nothing about

I will be getting homeplugs soon but until then i will be using wireless and need to get it going as its driving me mad

• somewhere in your router settings there will be somewhere to change the wifi channel - It will probably be on auto, and you need to change it to a channel that no neighbours are on. The settings in your router to change this will be something like wireless configuration - and under channel selection or again something along them lines.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• try a laptop straight in the router if you cant get a long enough cable stream bbc iplayer for an hour or so and see if it plays up , and do a few speed and ping tests , then you can eliminate the router ive been crying for 2 weeks with a card now but im determined lol dont give up walk away and come back to it

• Have the xbox and ps3 both online for past few hrs and nop problems with them so i dont think its the router. Now, when i go to my adapter settings should my DHCP be set to yes or no? I have it set to yes at minute. The bit i dont get is when i run a test i have LAN adapter local network and DHCP but still I cant find the box when i search with DCC?? Surely it should show up on it, maybe i'm wrong, I just dont know.

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!