VU+ Android App Help Please With A Couple Off Questions

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,742 times. The last Post () by bokkie.

• I need your advice with the vu+ android app settings please m8s,in the settings it says Enter Dyn-DNS- Address what does that mean .And when it asks for iP address ,is it the router iP or the computers .I hope you don’t mind me asking those questions ,that’s why I need your advice please.

• dyndns address would be referring to a dynamic dns address service, whereby the IP address that your ISP assigns to you (which isn't usually static) is linked to a fixed address. You would only need to do this if you are trying to access the stream from outside your own LAN.

When it asks for he IP address, you need to enter the IP address of the receiver, and this goes for if you are using the app inside your own LAN.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• in other words

it says Enter Dyn-DNS-

if you are using it indoors put the internal IP ofthe server ( 192.168.1.xxx )
    when you want to use it outside your home

it says Enter Dyn-DNS-

you put your dydns/no-ip account host...

• If you've got a vu+ duo, you'll need a pretty fast upload speed to stream outside of your lan.
    Only the solo2 currently supports transcoding.

• You could also look at a slingbox a very simple alternative and it will work via 3g on smart phones tablets etc

• Will what work better on an android tablet? A slingbox or vu+ app?
    if you have a decent upload speed, say 5 meg or more you should be able to stream direct.
    If your upload speed is slower than that some people have used vlc player on their pc to transcode the stream.

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!