Using a $ky dish for other sats?

There are 17 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,341 times. The last Post () by stevejo.

• Hi all, thinking of having a play tomorrow and hooking up another 60cm $ky dish to see if I can pick up any other satellites.

I live in the Irish midlands and was wondering if its a feeble idea trying a 60cm? Is there anything available for me to hunt or is it a case of having to get a 110 cm and above to pick up anything else?

Thanks for any advice!

• HI i live in galway so not too far away, yes a 60cm dish will give you respectable results on hotbird @ 13e also hispassat at 30w havent tried astra @ 19e but i think it may be a little small for that, the 110m dish would be a nice addition if you put it on a motor, lots of sats available with that ;-)

• Motor is a nice job and gives loads of flexibility but if you know what sats you want and have more than one receiver, etc then google visiosat bisat. Trying to get permission for one from mrs kitchen myself.

• There are quite a lot of sats you can get with a basic 45cm dish, so with your 60cm there are quite a few good options.

7e, 9e, 13e, 23.5e, 28.5e & possibly 39e and 42e are a good catch in the Eastern 5ky.

In the west the best ones to try are 5w and 30w. 5w & 30w are very strong in the UK, so it should be the same in Ireland

If your using a $ky lnb you may have issues getting the skew correct on these sats as the lnb is only designed to skew eastwards. If you file down the locator lugs on the lnb it should then be able to skew westwards too.

Nano

• Hi all, just a little update on how I got on,

Tried mounting the other dish onto my existing TV aerial pole but discovered the pole wasn't as thick as the *** Pole so i gave up on that Idea, Decided to give one of those multi lnb bracket holders a go and finally got around to it today.

first I decided to remove my old rusty *** Dish and replace it with my spare dish, I then added 2 extra LNBs, 1 for 19e and the other for 13e.

Ive only hooked up for 19e and 28.2e at the moment but Ive been able to pull in around 1,000 channels from 19e.

I now have a dilemma, Im using a Vu Duo with 1 feed to 28.2 and the other for 19e, is there anyway to connect the 13e lnb without having to detatch one of the other lnbs? Something like a lnb switch?

Below is a picture of my dish setup, excuse the mess of cables, once im sorted i will tidy!

http://qupload.com/images/imagerdr.jpg

Below is a picture of my dish setup, excuse the mess of cables, once im sorted i will tidy!

Very very nice neolxs (Never mind tidying it up.. lol), That is exactly what I want at my parents house.. Did you get the LNB holder fabricated or buy it m8?

I Just want to add 13E & 19.2E using S*y standard 60cm dish

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Very very nice neolxs (Never mind tidying it up.. lol), That is exactly what I want at my parents house.. Did you get the LNB holder fabricated or buy it m8?

I Just want to add 13E & 19.2E using S*y standard 60cm dish

I grabbed one of those multi LNB holders of ebay for about €10 with postage, I then connected it to the existing LNB and then turned the dish so the middle LNB points at 19e and then retuned the LNB on the left for 28.2e. (hence the messy cables!) The one thing I did need to do was to nudge the dish a little so it pointed a little higher into the ***, about 1cm. Going to have a play and try to get 13e today.

The LNB Holder I got can be found here

Rescanned last night 19.2e and it came in just over 1500 channels.

Once its all set up I will tidy lol!

• Very nice m8, I will get cracking on that asap..

PS: I'm not a million miles away from you..
    I got myself a T90 wave frontier but Id be too embarrassed to post pics as I also was a bit lazy with the tidy-up he he..
    I will get around to it though...

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Just managed to setup 13e with extreme ease!

I moved my LNB tight up against the 19e LNB and plugged in my cable, went inside and scanned and managed to get 500 channels, went outside and twisteded the lnb right a little and pulled in over 1,700 channels, been tweeking a little and now im upto 1795!

ordered my diseqz so hopefully that will arrive tommorow and then I can begin tidying up!

Far Easier to setup than I realised and very happy with the results from a 60cm S** dish, Have to see what happens when it rains but living in Ireland I wont have to long a wait!

Signal Strengths on 28.2 are around 80-90% worst being *** News and 3e coming in around 40-50%.

19e strength is coming in at around 60% and 13e coming in around 50%. Im going to leave it for now and only tweek if necessary happy enough with these results until I get a bigger dish.

http://qupload.com/images/imagejjij.jpg
    http://qupload.com/images/image1sds.jpg

• take it you never had a tv at one point then as you managed 3 kids lol , a motor is even easier to set up than fixed lnbs , after setting up 4 lnbs on a triax dish i dreaded the thought of doing the motor but i was very surprised how easy it was an to be fair the cost of 4 twin lnbs a switch the arm to hold them ,, the motor and twin lnb cost less , the point being i took a long road for a short cut so anyone thinking of other sats just get the motor now and save money because you will only want the whole arc not part of it when you get a taste of whats out there

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!