Openbox s6000hd?

There are 27 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,980 times. The last Post () by Gavin.

• Please witch vix image have you used on your openbox? Is there any v3 compatible?

From my CINK PEAX with Tapatalk

• Please witch vix image have you used on your openbox? Is there any v3 compatible?

From my CINK PEAX with Tapatalk

Hi Guys have read this thread and it seems someone has flashed a vix image on this box. I have just got one and realise its a clone vu+solo and have the openvix image I want to load on it. I can't find the process to flash it. I assume usb so can someone post what I should be doinf re steps. I have the image on a fat32 usb stick and the folder structure is... openvix-3.0.722-vusolo_usb\vuplus\solo then the files. Is this correct?

Do I just pop in the usb and power on?
    what indicators should I see to say its flashing/complete as there is no led screen?

Any help appreciated guys

Steve

• Check this thread:
    http://linuxsat-support.com/op…mage-openbox-s6000hd.html

• Hi guys, I have just purchased one of these with the Cloud Ibox branding - Same box exactly. spent yesterday playing with it and got to say WOW for the price this is just amazing. I have a ***box F3 (does the job but in a ugly way and memory so small causes problems on a multisat system like mine), Alien Amiko SHD 8900 (an OK box if you wont be using softcams but all the enigma2 images are unstable and spark is lacking decent plugins so a no win situation) and I had a Dreambox 800SE HD (clone) that got stolen unfortunately. Up to now the Dreambox had been head and shoulders ahead of the others. But now this works as well as the dreambox, you have all the enigma2 plugins to play with if you wish or just stick with it as is out the box (mine came with VIX image and Sly UK Auto Bouquets set up.) Picture and sound are excellent, tuner is FAST and so is zapping between channels. Plugin a Ext3 or Ext 4 formatted USB HDD and you have full timeshifting and recording capability and a spare USB socket still which none of my other boxes have. Issues? Runs hot but this hasn't actually caused me a problem yet. Plenty of space to add a fan as other people here have mentioned if this becomes a problem. Cant really say I have had any other issues. It's ugly as sin and as no kind of front display. Remote is quite clicky but works really well - much better than the pile of **** remotes they give you with Amiko boxes. Oh and I guess one detterent for some people might be the maximum resolution of 720p/1080i - my other boxes all have a 1080p mode but I have yet to find a single 1080p channel to take advantage of this anyway so I can live without that.
    I paid £72 plus postage for my box. I am including the link to the seller because they offer them as FTA and do not get involved in "Gifts" or CS.

They also sell the Openbox S6000HD version for £85. Considering both are same box I'm wondering if the Openboxes are newer stock and include the fan that they have started fitting on newer models?

Hope the info is of help.

• Do not remove the card reader software receiver will lock software image,
    should be used only if no chipset fan mounted on one because overheating motherboard , the best image stable complete and without freeze is OPEN AAF files and other images can be found here upgradated daily

np-ulc.net: database plus/Images/VU plus SOLO

• Do not remove the card reader software receiver will lock software image,
    should be used only if no chipset fan mounted on one because overheating motherboard , the best image stable complete and without freeze is OPEN AAF files and other images can be found here upgradated daily

np-ulc.net: database plus/Images/VU plus SOLO

ive been testing one of these for a few weeks now and found the best images for stability open pli and i have found no over heating problem like others report mine is elevated with an old glasses case placed on front edge leaving middle and back edge elevated about 1-2 inches and no over heating problems i find them easy to operate i own the solo duo and various linux tms and for price they are excellant

Helping others is always a better feeling than helping yourself

• i have a newer one with a fan and heatsink already fitted and after a few hours the heatsink is already to hot to touch!

Havnt installed any images on it yet as its just been delivered so it just sitting here while i wait to see how actually hot it gets.

Ive removed the card reader part and it seems to help but after reading here i see it can crash the image?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!