Openbox s6000hd?

There are 27 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,982 times. The last Post () by Gavin.

• Has anyone tried this box yet as I have one ordered, I have an amiko alien 2 box also and as this one is e2 will it be the same box and set up. I also read the s6000 has no built in fan so does anyone know if its reliable?

• OPENBOX 6000HD is a FERRARI clone of VU+SOLO

It uses the BH, OPENPLI, VTI ( V2 or V3 ) depends the box

Nothing with AMIKO8900 or AMIKO2

There are more similar boxes like ULTRA VU+SOLO, Etc.

• as promised i will write a short review on the openbox s6000hd (i am no expert, just personal opinions)

ok, i payed £79 for this stb, i have read about it and wanted to find out what all the fuss was about. when i first opened the box i thought ''WTF'' it is sooo small, but i see that as a benifit now as it fits nice on my desk inside my man cave.
    it came pre-installed with open_pli. and as with all E2 boxs you need to FTP to add C:line etc. have had it running for a few hours now and it hasnt missed a beat, considering there is no fan it doesnt seem that warm,

the card slot is on the underneath of the box, (see attached pictures) i have a dm800se hd. and it performs on par with that. £79 for an E2 box. i am well pleased, very quick and channel change is instant,
    the only downside is the wifi. (as with all these boxs the wifi is gash) but wired is rock solid.

................ just gotta figure out how to get the cross epg set up correctly, so if anyone can help i am all ears,

have added some pictures for those intrested, the lighter is there as a size reference. cheers guys.

• I used eBay. A seller with best offer option. His original price was £89 but I also picked up so he didn't post out. He also stats in his ad that he will not install softcams and don't ask about lines as all requests will be ignored. He has motorised dish set ups and all sorts.

• Can you please post backup of your pli image?

I just got this box, and am having some issues with it, it won't factory reset everything? It keeps problem settings. Would you have know how to acctuly flash and image on this box?

Thanks alot m8.

• I was looking at these was put of by lack of firmware can u post a backup of your image thanks

Firstly - could you be so kind as to post an intro here - as per forum etiquette;
    Introductions
    Secondly, if you read this thread, then you will realise that this is basically a rebranded clone of the Vu+ Solo, which in itself is a contentious issue. It has already been said here that this particular receiver will work with Vu+ Solo images - so that will lead you to here
    Vu+ Solo
    Even though this receiver is not pretending to be a Vu+ Solo on the outside, on the inside it is, in order to be compatible with the same images as the Vu+ Solo.
    Of course, we would recommend the Solo over this one, and you would not expect to get support from anyone associated with the ViX team if it is made clear that you are looking for help with this model, and don't be surprised if some of the images don't work as well as they might if it were an original Vu+ Solo.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Hi, I'm sorting out 3 of these for my mate at work who is planning on using them at his home in all the bedrooms. He purchased them directly from China for around $100 each including delivery, and they turned up in 3 days!
    However the ones he got are called Cloud I-Box's. Other than that they are excatly the same.

I have been fiddling with them for around 3 days now. They were shipped with Openpli, but i wiped that and flashed it with the VU Solo VIX image from the VIX site.
    They worked perfectly well with the sly auto boquets, cccam etc etc.
    I turned them off and put them away.

However, I opened one again and turned it on, and nothing! Just stuck on the Loading page with the VIX logo spinning in the corner. I tested them all, and the same with all 3 of them. :(
    After researching the world wide web, i realised i had to download the clone version of the VIX image which is used on the clone VU Solo boxes... :)

All working well now.

I'm personally not into clones etc, and truly beleive in "you get what you pay for". And these things run VER HOT! after some usage they will probably start freezing. I suppose they are OK in a bedroom environment but not somewhere where they will be used constantly.

You could, if you were a little techie, take off the bottom cover and fit a small PC fan in to keep the heat sink cool...

I do love the remote though, and these are better that than the F3, F5 etc.

Thanks.

• Hi why not try an easy fix sometimes the pound shops (b&m) sell net book usb cooler use one of the two usb's to power cooler and simply place receiver the on top.

• Hi All

I had some issues with this running quite hot, and some people advise you to remove the card reader and replace it with a fan to keep the heat sink cool.

This is not a good idea. I had loads of freeze issues when I did this, so I wouldn't recommend this.

I now have it all fully working and set up and it is excellent.

Took me a while to get my head round it, but once I did, it is so easy!

If anyone needs any help, just give us a holla!

• Hi all.

I'm looking for script sbox + CCcam does work with openbox s6000, excuse me my English, I'm learning.

I've this..

#!/bin/sh

CAMNAME="CCcam_sbox"

remove_tmp () {
    rm -rf /tmp/*.info* /tmp/*.tmp* /tmp/*server*
    }

case "$1" in
    start)
    echo "[SCRIPT] $1: $CAMNAME"
    remove_tmp
    /usr/bin/sbox &
    sleep 8
    /usr/bin/CCcam &
    ;;
    stop)
    echo "[SCRIPT] $1: $CAMNAME"
    killall -9 CCcam sbox 2>/dev/null
    sleep 1
    remove_tmp
    ;;
    *)
    $0 stop
    exit 0
    ;;
    esac

exit 0

the correct path to this file is /user/script or /user/script/cam???? I don't find in the remote to turn on it from there.

• Opentennis can you please make an introduction in the introductions section please.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!